Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened?!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened?!!!!

Wow am I confused! My equifax score just went DOWN several points after having fixed some of my ugly credit! I had 2 charge offs changed to closed accounts but pays as agreed and one late pmt removed. I thought that would be significant. Within the last month or two, I opened up 3 revolving accounts because of my pending divorce to have my own, individual credit. It seems as if they didn't even care about the bad things that were removed, instead it said that opening the new accounts was a negative and that no mortgage information was a negative. We do own our house, but my husband is extremely controlling and would not allow me to be on the deed or mortgage. We are in an "equitable distribution" stae, so basically half is mine. Has anyone had to deal with this? Any thoughts on any of this is greatly appreciated. In shock!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What happened?!!!!

Which service are you using for scores?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid for an updated equifax report directly from them
Message 3 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

With respect to the charge-offs, simply changing the current status to closed and paid wont remove the fact of the prior charge-off.

It would be retained under both your Payment Rating and your Payment History Profile.  Are you sure that the CO itself was deleted in its entirety?

Message 4 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Reason I asked was because you mentioned the service advised you that you needed a mortgage. Per FICO scoring, that isn't so and you can certainly hit well into the 800s without one. You might be looking at the "Equifax Credit Score" which is EQ's FAKO sold on Equifax.com. 

If you had COs update and there are no mentions of any CO, and they removed the worst delinquency of a CO, then you could see a nice increase.

If you already had a good mix of credit, opening up 3 new CCs can drop your score by quite a few but you'd rebound within a year. If you had no CCs, I'd bet on a net gain in FICO.

Ignore the mortgage comment.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase sent me a letter saying that it would delete it completely. Should I send the letter to the cra?? Right now it just says pays as agreed and closed by creditor.
Message 6 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase sent me a letter saying that it would delete it completely. Should I send the letter to the cra?? Right now it just says pays as agreed and closed by creditor.

Bummer. I'd let it delete on their own. Certainly don't rush it if viewed as a positive.

Message 7 of 8
Terrie1977
New Contributor

The request has to come from Chase and they will tell you it can take up to 90 days.

I had to wait the 90 days, call Chase back and they had to research it.

Come to find out, they coded it wrong and it never even made it to the 3 major credit bureaus. Once it was correctly sent, the entire account was deleted in 2 days.

Good luck!

Current Score : 625 FICO 03/07/2012
05/11/2012 641 FICO
06/03/2012 671 FICO
06/18/2012 678 FICO
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.