Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What happened

Not sure what happened. My credit score went down 30 points after I had a fraud alert place because I was argueing about this collection that never belong to me. Ughh Why does that happen. I waited for it to be removed and it dropped down, and I have been paying down my debt as well. I hate this process.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
treski
Frequent Contributor

Re: What happened

Try not to dwell over the score so much yet.  Just do the fixing and check on the score when you think it may have significantly changed. 

It's kind of like getting on the scale 12 times a day.  Eat right and exercise, then weigh yourself in two weeks.

Easier said than done, I suppose.  Smiley Sad

Cheer up, Sunshine!
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was this a FICO or FAKO score.

You are saying the score change happened because of the FA or because of the collection being removed?

Is this your only collection?

Was/is it being reported by the OC or CA?

Was/is it being reporting in the "collections" section of your CR or the regular TL section?
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This was the true FICO off this website..The collection never belong to me. I got it removed after documentation and then a temp fruad alert was placed on the accounts. This is my only collection, which has been deleted. It was reported by a collection agency. They were great, sent me a letter after I sent them a demand verification. They proved that it was someone else and not me. So I am unclear why it went down.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it was your only collection, I'd say you were re-bucketed.

Being re-bucketed isn't completely a bad thing, it usually allows you more room for growth. You should recover rather quickly.

sunshinegrlalways wrote:
This was the true FICO off this website..The collection never belong to me. I got it removed after documentation and then a temp fruad alert was placed on the accounts. This is my only collection, which has been deleted. It was reported by a collection agency. They were great, sent me a letter after I sent them a demand verification. They proved that it was someone else and not me. So I am unclear why it went down.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sure hope I recover soon, as I have been working hard at it. I was so close to 700 and then it dropped only on Equifax the rest increased. So its pretty odd, that one did it while the rest went up. This was all on my real FICO not FAKO scores
Message 6 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Sunshine, I suspect that it is because of your dispute.  When an account is disputed with a CRA,, it is temporarily removed from your credit scoring until the dispute is resolved.  So you lost its account history and its CL in your scoring until  the dispute is resolved. That can have a major impact if the account is an old one, or has a hight CL.
Dont fret!  As soon as the dispute is resolved, it will come back into scoring, and hopefull with beneficial decision in your favor.  It is just a bump in the FICO road!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collections aren't removed from scoring when disputed.

In this case, the collection itself has been completely removed from the CR now.

RobertEG wrote:
Sunshine, I suspect that it is because of your dispute.  When an account is disputed with a CRA,, it is temporarily removed from your credit scoring until the dispute is resolved.  So you lost its account history and its CL in your scoring until  the dispute is resolved. That can have a major impact if the account is an old one, or has a hight CL.
Dont fret!  As soon as the dispute is resolved, it will come back into scoring, and hopefull with beneficial decision in your favor.  It is just a bump in the FICO road!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.