Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened?

tag
DMiller
Established Member

What happened?

So a week or two ago I had two collections left on my credit report, both paid and my score was 634.  Today I check my credit report for transunion, after a goodwill success from both of the collections and my score dropped to 614.  So all baddies gone off TU and score drops?  Why?

Starting Score: 592
Current Score: 632
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

Re: What happened?

number of things could have happened, and it is hard for us to pinpoint what it is without knowing everything in your report.  One thing could be that you were rebucketed in a different tier.  But if I had to "guess" and what it was....I think you might have affected you AAofA.  If the collections were old they might not have been affecting your score as much, but they are still counted into your AAofA.  Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 2 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@diveforfun97 wrote:

number of things could have happened, and it is hard for us to pinpoint what it is without knowing everything in your report.  One thing could be that you were rebucketed in a different tier.  But if I had to "guess" and what it was....I think you might have affected you AAofA.  If the collections were old they might not have been affecting your score as much, but they are still counted into your AAofA.  Anyone please correct me if I am wrong.

Collections are not counted towards AAoA but I agree with you that it is very hard to know exactly why the score went down.

Edited cuz' I kent typ rite!!!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 7
diveforfun97
Frequent Contributor

AAAHHHH the Devil Dog, got me.  Thanks for clearing up my mistake.  I try to help out here, but still don't know it all.  I would hate to give someone wrong info.  Thank for the correction!!

SEMPER FI!

Starting Score: Sep 23, 2014 EQ 577 TU 583 EX 567
Current Score as of 6/28/17 EQ 628 TU 643 EX 625
Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 7
DMiller
Established Member

What do you mean by rebucketed to a different tier?  My oldest account is 8.5 years and newest is 3 months, which makes my AAoA a little over a year.

Starting Score: 592
Current Score: 632
Goal Score: 650

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@DMiller wrote:

What do you mean by rebucketed to a different tier?  My oldest account is 8.5 years and newest is 3 months, which makes my AAoA a little over a year.

How are you calculating your AAoA? I'm not saying you did it wrong but until I came here I had no idea even what an AAoA was.  Smiley Happy

Your AAoA is the sum of the ages of every account (except CA collections) on your report, whether open or closed, calculated in months, divided by the number of accounts and then divided by 12. I use the division by 12 to make it easier to convert into years. This is measured from the time each account was opened until present.

You’ll need to figure the age of each account, open or closed, on each report. If all three reports are identical (very unlikely), you're in luck; otherwise, you'll need to run this for each report.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@diveforfun97 wrote:

AAAHHHH the Devil Dog, got me.  Thanks for clearing up my mistake.  I try to help out here, but still don't know it all.  I would hate to give someone wrong info.  Thank for the correction!!

SEMPER FI!

If you look at my older posts (for that matter my recent posts) you'll see all kinds of edits for clarifications and corrections.  Smiley Happy 

No one can ever know it all. We just do the best we can.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.