Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens at 7 year mark?

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

What happens at 7 year mark?

My husband has 3 charge offs that will fall off in early 2014. These are all listed as closed charge offs because they were sold to debt collectors. The debt collector is also reporting on the credit report. 

I want to try for a pfd with the debt collectors, but that lethe acre OC still reporting the charge off. So, I'm thinking of good-willing them. Howevthey if these 3 OC delete, that will mess us up because these are the longest aged accounts.

So, at the 7 year mark...what happens? Does it turn positive or just not be listed anymore?

jzsnow

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What happens at 7 year mark?

If it was a CO, then at 7 years +180 days it will fall off his CR.  It won't turn to a positive account, that only happens on accounts that had lates and the lates fall off.  It might drop his AAoA, but a CO is a bad, baddie.  Let it go.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Re: What happens at 7 year mark?

On my CR I had a charge off from cap 1 and it says pays as agreed. But, I GW'ed them. They said no, but then my account went positive. Weird. I'm so scared to lose his 3 accounts when they are the oldest. How much will that hurt us?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.