Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens.....

tag
chevy22
Established Member

What happens.....

What happens when you pay a medical collection that is due to come off if your CR in 6 month? Does it make the collection stay on your CR longer or does it still drop of your report? The reason I am asking is because I'd like to buy a house and I have some newer medical collections by the same CA. I am pretty sure that they will ask about the old ones.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What happens.....

It should still fall off in 6 months.  Are you going to pay the new ones?  Have you tried to do a PFD for them?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
chevy22
Established Member

Re: What happens.....

Well i want to pay the newer ones. One of the new, i am not sure i can pay full amount as it was for an mri last year. The other new are only couple hundred dollars. I was thinking to maybe settle the MRI one and one of the older ones PTD the newer smaller ones and just pay the other old ones as they are petty and they are about to fall of any way. I just don't think they would PTD the new without paying three old. I would do a DV but they are a local CA. So I am sure they have their stuff straight. Not to mention they have been respectful and only called me once or twice per debt.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.