Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is CA had different "removal date" then OC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is CA had different "removal date" then OC

I have a CA account with AFS that has a removal date of 1/11 but the original creditor shows a removal date of 9/09 on the same report.  I'm assuming the best thing to do is wait to October then dispute that the OC is removed and the CA should be also???
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: What is CA had different "removal date" then OC

That is illegal, the removal date is 7-7.5 years after the DOFD, and the CA cannot change it.  Do you have any of your original records from the OC?
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I do not have any of my original statements from the OC
Message 3 of 11
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

You could write the OC to request them.  How certain are you that the OCs removal date is accurate?
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'm pretty sure.  The OC isn't even reporting on my EQ or EX reports anymore, only the CA is reporting on those. 

Message 5 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Look on the report the OC is reporting on and find the DOFD.  If it is not there call the CRA and ask what it is.  The DOFD can not be changed no matter what.
Message 6 of 11
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

A CAs DOFD HAS TO MATCH the OCs. Assuming of course that the OCs DOFD is accurate or not available. Please try and ascertain the OCs DOFD as mentioned.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOH! I'm an idiot I was looking at a TU hard copy paper report from 3/1/2009. I called the TU CRA, to get the DOFD and they told me that the OC is no longer reporting the account on the report. (When I looked at my current report, from 5/09, the OC is not on there.

So, alas, I am confused yet again. The CA is STILL reporting the fall off date of 10/11 but the report I had from March had the OC falling of 9/09.  Since the OC is not reporting to the CRA anymore, they said they do not know the DOFD.

Next steps???

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out the re-aging thread. You can find it in the "Freq Requested Threads".

Do you know when you went delinquent and was never caught up again prior to CO/collection/etc?

Message 9 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Take your credit report, and look at the individual monthly credit history for each account, which shows all 30/60/90 etc. lates reported.  Look at the last chain of delinquencies reported on the account.  The 30-day late is your DOFD reported by the OC.

The CA is required under FCRA 623(a)(5)(A) to separately report the DOFD for their account to the CRA within 90-days of posting to your CR.  FCRA 623(a)(5)(B) requires that this be the same DOFD posted by the OC.  They cannot reset it.

If the CA account is not dropped after 7 1/2 years from that DOFD, it is in violation of FCRA 605(c).

The OC delinquency should drop 6 months before the CA account drops.  The dates are not the same, but are both based on the same OC DOFD.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.