Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Lexington law?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is Lexington law?

This came up in another post and I've never heard of it.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: What is Lexington law?

its a credit repair service.  google is your friend

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. I was just curious. Thanks!
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i looked into it before coming here. They don't gurantee anything, and its a bit costly. Like 300 for 6 months, where they basically tell you you will most likely need another 6 months.

Message 4 of 11
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

It even gets more expensive if you want them to send out additional letter's I believe the full service is a little bit more but were not allowed to discuss this on these forums. I have good/bad stories in my opinion. You can do it yourself if you ask help from some veteran posters here.

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 5 of 11
Lasardo
Established Contributor

Lexington law is a credit repair service, they have experience in the field where I did not. I signed on a week ago. They have removed 13 items so far and even a judgment. I had no idea a judgment could even be removed! It is 79.99 a month they do not charge you unless service has been provided. For me,personally, I have been nothing but impressed. Not only do I get updates Via email but text also as to changes to my reports. I am in touch all the time and bombard them with calls and emails. They stated it does take about 9 months on average to see full results but you can cancel anytime. They can do what I can not, they know the lingo and Can work with all three bureaus. They are saving me time and money. Edited.

CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 6 of 11
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Lasardo wrote:

Lexington law is a credit repair service, they have experience in the field where I did not. I signed on a week ago. They have removed 13 items so far and even a judgment. I had no idea a judgment could even be removed! It is 79.99 a month they do not charge you unless service has been provided. For me,personally, I have been nothing but impressed. Not only do I get updates Via email but text also as to changes to my reports. I am in touch all the time and bombard them with calls and emails. They stated it does take about 9 months on average to see full results but you can cancel anytime. They can do what I can not, they know the lingo and Can work with all three bureaus. They are saving me time and money. Edited.

I respectfully disagree. There is nothing they or any other company can do that you can't do yourself. Nothing.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Lasardo wrote:

I respectfully disagree. There is nothing they or any other company can do that you can't do yourself. Nothing.

Thanks, everyone. I've actually handled 3 out of 4 baddies myself (thanks to this board) but have kind of hit a wall with the last one. So, I was just curious about whether or not they would be useful with my last one.

Message 8 of 11
FrugalRican
Blogger

Anything they can do, you can do better.

They're just getting paid to do it, so they have the time and the resources to bombard the CA's with letters.

I'd rather spend the money myself on CMRR's.

A lot of people use it, and a lot of people "fire" them.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FrugalRican wrote:

Anything they can do, you can do better.

They're just getting paid to do it, so they have the time and the resources to bombard the CA's with letters.

I'd rather spend the money myself on CMRR's.

A lot of people use it, and a lot of people "fire" them.

I just need some patience right now Smiley Frustrated

I work full-time, teach part-time at a local university, and have a 14-month-old and I've managed to send plenty of GW letters in the past week. I'll keep trying!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.