Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is West Asset Doing?

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

What is West Asset Doing?

I received a letter from out of nowhere from West Asset for a medical bill from a hospital advisng me of a payment arrangement.  First I had never contacted them to make a payment arrangement.  Then I started to receive phone calls, how they got my number idk.  Well after advice from here I sent them a DV letter.  Let me also say that they is not on any credit report of mines, so it isn't reporting.  I received this letter in the mail yday from them saying the debt is valid.  I'm looking at the date & in my opinion the SOL have expired on this debt, but I may be wrong. Can anyone advise me what to do here?  Since it isn't on my report I'm not that worried but I'm tired of the phone calls.

October 8, 2010

West Asset Management PO Box 790113

St. Louis, MO 63 179-0] 13

My name

My address

My address

>>>>> Please Call Toll Free 1-877-411-7197 ««<

RE: Client :

Hospital Name

Account/I:

Hospital Acct Number

Service Date:

09/01/03

Balance :

$336.18

CREDIT DISPUTE INVESTIGATION

Dear My name.

We have received your letter disputing the accuracy of our records related to the above referenced account. We have completed the investigation of your account and determined the debt to be valid. See the attached documentation provided by our client validating the debt. Please be advised that we have updated our records to reflect your dispute.

Sincerely,

Man's name

This communication is from a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose. For quality assurance purposes, inbound and outbound calls may be monitored or recorded.

Our office hours are Monday — Thursday 8:00 AM-9:00 PM, Friday 8:00 AM — 5:00 PM, and Saturday 8:00 AM — 12:00 PM. All times are Central Standard Time.

2703 N. Highway 75, Sherman, TX 75090

Worm445.dot

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is West Asset Doing?

Did it actually say "worm445.dot" at the end?

Message 2 of 7
ABattle
Regular Contributor

No, lol.  That must've been a result of me copying & pasting.

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Whew! I thought the virus validated it for you!

If you agree with the balance, then send a PFD or follow the HIPAA process. IMO, they properly validated. The PFD can be altered for a "pay for not reporting"-type of agreement.

Message 4 of 7
ABattle
Regular Contributor

No i don't agree w/the balance.  My issue is that since this is from 9/2003 shouldn't the SOL be up on this?

Message 5 of 7
BrandonSS
Frequent Contributor

SOL may be up but that doesn't mean they cannot attempt to collect.  They cannot post it on your CR beyond 7.5 years so you are probably in the clear there as well.  If you disagree with the debt and refuse to pay you can send a C&D.  From their they cannot contact you.  They CAN attempt to sue you but being beyond SOL that would be your defense and the case would be tossed.  Its unlikely they would attempt to sue.  But until then, they will and can continue to attempt to collect.

3/2010 - EX 555 (FAKO) EQ 542 TU 548
GOAL: 680+
Goal exceeded! - EQ - 712 TU - 701
2/2015 - 750+ across the board!
Message 6 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Ditto. Even if SOL expires they can continue to report through the CRTP. And as mentioned, they can continue to try to collect long after that (forever if they want to). I have a CA chasing me and the DOFD was over 10 yrs ago. SOL expired after the first 3 yrs.

ETA...I didn't notice the DOFD before. My bad. They probably won't report at all, though they probably could for another few months.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.