cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a good score for TransUnion?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is a good score for TransUnion?

prioritybubble wrote:
I originally signed up for the $8.95 a month myfico.com score watch but cancelled today.  The score they were showing wasn't correct for Equifax.  The score they were showing was for TransUnion.  I found www.truecredit.com which has a $14.95 a month fee and it shows the credit reports and scores for all 3 bureaus. Seems like the best deal.  Yes?

MyFICO's ScoreWatch offers monitoring for EQ only, not TU. MyFICO also offers MyFICO Quarterly Monitoring for TU.

TrueCredit (TC) once offered a fantastic service. You used to be able to pull all 3 reports every 24 hours. Unfortunately they changed it to every 30 days for all 3 with updates daily on TU only. If once a month is all you need with monitoring then you have a great product. As Joe mentioned, the scores offered are not FICO scores, but rather are non-FICO scores we call FAKOs. Also ignore the advice.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm...strange.  Are you sure the #'s on truecredit aren't FICO scores?  Because I purchased my FICO score from the website you mentioned and it matched the TU score listed on my truecredit and mifico.com page. 
Message 12 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

100% positive TC scores are not FICO scores. If your TC TU score matched the EQ FICO score from myFICO via SW, then it is purely coincidental. If any score matches it is coincidental. If you click the scores tab within TC after you log in you'll see this at the bottom in grey print:

"TrueLink is not connected in any way with Fair, Isaac and Company; the credit score provided here is not a so-called FICO score. The credit scores of TransUnion may not be identical in every respect to any consumer credit scores produced by any other company. "

My TC scores have been as little as 20 points to my FICO on the same day and as far apart as 120 points on the same day.

Message 13 of 19
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

I'm still a credit check total advocate. $9.95 a month, unlimited pulls each day for all 3 bureaus
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tullz,

Does total credit check really update each day?  Is it real time updating each day?  I signed up for a free trial and it looks ok but didn't know if it was updated each day. If so it seems like a good deal.  

Message 15 of 19
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Yes. So, this is what happens in summary...you sign up for the trial, and you pull the reports one time in the 7 days. When you call to cancel, they offer a $9.95 rate when you tell them the normal rate is too high. Then the 8th day, you can pull each day, and yes they're updated. I check mine every day and things are increasing well Smiley Happy
Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tullz85 wrote:
Yes. So, this is what happens in summary...you sign up for the trial, and you pull the reports one time in the 7 days. When you call to cancel, they offer a $9.95 rate when you tell them the normal rate is too high. Then the 8th day, you can pull each day, and yes they're updated. I check mine every day and things are increasing well Smiley Happy

Glad things are doing well!  Congrats!

When you say things are increasing well, do you mean scores?  Do you get updated scores when you pull the reports?

Message 17 of 19
tullz85
Frequent Contributor

Well, the scores are FAKOs, but the negatives are dropping off. I only go by FICO, but the FAKOs are increasing, so I would logically assume that the FICOs are climbing a bit too. I only suscribe to CCT just to see the reports...don't go by scores.
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

gotcha - thanks!
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.