Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is considered a complete and accurate validation of the account...HIPAA

tag
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

What is considered a complete and accurate validation of the account...HIPAA

from the CA? I sent a pre-hipaa dispute letter to a CRA and they verified. The CA sent a letter with the previous collection agency info (insight billing) with a blurb (see text below). I still don't have the OC info. Is this considered a complete and accurate validation of the account? what do I do? Help!

"We have recently recieved an inquiry regarding your delinquent account which we previously reported to the Credit Bureau.

Please forward the balance due immediately to this office or contact us to discuss the resolution of your account and future credit status."

Account # and bal of 31.46 was included at the top of the letter.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-15-2009 06:01 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is considered a complete and accurate validation of the account...HIPAA

Hope you don't mind, but I edited your message to include "HIPAA" in the subject line to draw the attention of the resident medical collections experts.
Message 2 of 8
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

Re: What is considered a complete and accurate validation of the account...HIPAA

Perfect, thank you Sidewinder!
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

A complete and accurate validation should include the bare minimum.

Name of the OC

Account #

balance owed

date(s) of service (there is much debate if this is required)

You did not receive a complete validation. Why don't you know who the OC is?

Message 4 of 8
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

The only other company listed on their response is Insight Billing Service. I have no clue who Insight Billing Service is or what account of mine they might have. The balance is only $31 and doesn't match up to any other medical collections. I referenced my past credit reports and can't find any info as to who the OC is.
Message 5 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Insight billing service sounds like a third-party billing company that the OC uses.
Message 6 of 8
Mommyto2boys
Contributor

What do I do now?
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Call insight billing service and ask what the $31 debt is for and when was the date of service was.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.