cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is exact steps to remove a State Tax lien?

tag
Asmodai66
Established Member

What is exact steps to remove a State Tax lien?

I paid off my state tax lien five years ago, I got the released paper work showing its been paid. Where do I get satisfaction of lien letters for Nebraska and how do I submit to CFBP? or do I have to do anything since I read it's being removed by CRA?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What is exact steps to remove a State Tax lien?

The CRAs have recently announced a new policy that they are no longer including any tax liens as adverse information in their credit files.

Wait, and the CRA will soon remove on their own.

Message 2 of 6
Asmodai66
Established Member

@RobertEG wrote:

The CRAs have recently announced a new policy that they are no longer including any tax liens as adverse information in their credit files.

Wait, and the CRA will soon remove on their own.

Will be sending them documentation wanting it removed will speed up the process? I just it want it off my credit report because this or next year I want to refinance my moms mortgage in my name. How do I look up this new policy and what exactly are CRAs?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was just announced on Friday, that "all" tax liens will be removed from all 3 major CRA beginning on April 16th.

Message 4 of 6
Asmodai66
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

It was just announced on Friday, that "all" tax liens will be removed from all 3 major CRA beginning on April 16th.

So I should expecting my credit score to be going up soon?

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Asmodai66 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So I should expecting my credit score to be going up soon?

If there are no other derogs then you should see an increase in Fico once its removed. There is a thread on Credit In The News all about this tax lien removal.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.