cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is my next move after the credit report says the account is being disputed?

tag
pierce83

What is my next move after the credit report says the account is being disputed?

I sent LVNV Funding a debt validation letter.  I called several times to talk about a PFD and was denied.  So I sent the DV letter over a month ago.  I received a letter saying they were looking into it and my credit report shows that the item has been disputed.  But I have heard nothing else.  What is my next move?  If I tried to dispute it with the CRA's, I really don't know of a reason.  The info is correct. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is my next move after the credit report says the account is being disputed?

@pierce83 wrote:

I sent LVNV Funding a debt validation letter.  I called several times to talk about a PFD and was denied.  So I sent the DV letter over a month ago.  I received a letter saying they were looking into it and my credit report shows that the item has been disputed.  But I have heard nothing else.  What is my next move?  If I tried to dispute it with the CRA's, I really don't know of a reason.  The info is correct. 

The DV puts a cease collection activity on the CA until they do validate. There is no law that says they have to validate so there isnt much you can do at this point if the reporting is accurate. First rule of thum when dealing with a CA is to stay off the phone, all communications are to be done via mail (you want a paper trail to enforce your rights should suit become necessary).

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.