Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Paintiff's Notice for Nonsuit"

tag
skoop
New Contributor

What is "Paintiff's Notice for Nonsuit"

I received a coy of a letter in the mail yesterday, from a law firm, addressed to Court Clerk, Justice of the Peace,   regarding Plaintiff's notice of NonSuit, and also a proposed Order for Dismissal.

I have no earthly idea what this is?  It seems like I read somewhere, either on one of the these boards or on another site, that some of the collection agencies are suing in a Justice of the Peace Court, but I have searched for several hours and can't find any reference.

Do any of you have any experience with this?  I don't know how to proceed.

It looks like they may be getting ready to sue me, but I have not received anything with any figures, no summons, so I am not sure how to proceed.

Can you help?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: What is "Paintiff's Notice for Nonsuit"

Do you have any seriously overdue debt or any that have gone to collections?  Does it say who the law firm is representing?  Is your name in the "Defendant" section?

You can always call the court to see if they have any more information, but I'm not so sure you should contact the law firm.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 4
skoop
New Contributor

I did call the court this am, and LVN funding has a case pending from last year in April, through this law firm.

They are dismissing it because they never served me.  It is being signed by the judge to dismiss next week and then I will get a copy of the dismissal.

These blankety blank blank low life scum, they never quit.  They will probably come back and sue me, and at that point, I don't know what I will do.  I do know that the SOL is up on this.  I have no recent credit, only old from 2003 and before that would be what they are suing me for.  Divorce and creditors, about the same, stress, strife and the other s___word.
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If you are sure the SOL has expired, if they sue you again, make sure you show up in court and claim it is beyond SOL. The case will be dismissed.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.