cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is "Validation" and could it help me?

tag
catzcradle
New Contributor

What is "Validation" and could it help me?

What exactly is validation? Could it be used on a PIF account?

Reason I'm asking... I have GWed the same company THREE times now... it's not that they are refusing to delete... they just aren't saying anything! I even sent via certified mail and I know the letters were signed for and received, and yet I have gotten no reply.

I cannot seem to contact an actual human being by phone. Both numbers that I have tried have directed me to automated systems with no "speak to a customer service rep" option. Even pressing "0" doesn't work. It'd be one thing if they said no, but they are flat out ignoring me and it's realllllllly irking me.

So I'm wondering how to get their attention. Basically, they only allow you to change your billing address via postal mail! They STILL have not changed my address, and the forwarded mail was the reason why my payments were late - I never got the bills! I had to drive 45 minutes to the only flippin' mall with a BMoss near my new place to pay in the store when I finally realized, "Hey, I haven't gotten a bill in 6 weeks...."

Anyway, before my head explodes in anger... what exactly is the validation process? Could I use it to basically make them "prove" that I paid late, and if they can't, do they have to delete? Or am I better off sending 10 GWs a day? Because I will....

- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
07/05/08 TU 693 EQ 663 EX 711
06/01/08 TU 657 EQ 610 EX 670
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is "Validation" and could it help me?

A CA/OC doesn't have to acknowledge or accept a GW. Unfortunately that is all you can do. Keep GWing them. Never give up. Try GWing the execs. Try calling too. Also try faxing and e-mailing. Also check out planetfeedback.com. Also go to their [ your company's ] website to look for contact info. Press releases are great providers of info.

I have a CapOne like that. I sent at least 100 GWs with only 4-5 responses and no results.

Maybe for "validation" you were thinking of "debt validation" or DV, but that is only for CAs.

Message Edited by llecs on 11-13-2008 06:28 PM
Message 2 of 3
catzcradle
New Contributor

Re: What is "Validation" and could it help me?

But they DO have to acknowledge and accept my request to change my billing address, which they haven't done either. I mean, they cannot insist that I stay at the same address until their company implodes! I included a change of address requests with all of my GW letters, in addition to the ones I sent over a year ago, which weren't acknowledged. There is no bill to send to my new address, because I hate them and will never use the card again... hah... but I still know they haven't changed it because when I call the automated number, it "reads" my zip code as the one from over a year ago!!!

Seriously, if they don't want to GW, fine, I'll annoy the crap out of them until they reconsider, but don't they legally have to change my address when I've clearly moved?! 

- Catz
12/01/09 TU 759 EQ 756

10/01/08 TU 697 EQ 659
07/05/08 TU 693 EQ 663 EX 711
06/01/08 TU 657 EQ 610 EX 670
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.