cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best move on a charged off student loan.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best move on a charged off student loan.

Hello, I’m new to the forum and I’m trying to understand what the best move is on an old student loan (Wells Fargo).  My wife was married once before, I have cleaned up just about all the bad items in her credit report, except a student loan that my wife is a cosigner on with her Ex.  Anyway per the divorce he was to refinance the loan.  Instead he let it get CO.  We have gone to court and he is now paying on monthly at the current rate he will pay it off in 5 years.  I have notice that every month they (WF) are marking it CO and with a they report a new balance.  One more thing to note is the reports sate that account should fall off in OCT 2012.  What should we do?

Should the payments stop?

Will the Student Loan fall off?

Should it be Settled?

Any information would be very appreciated, Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What is the best move on a charged off student loan.

Did the divorce decree provide any conditions of severance from the account, and its debt

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best move on a charged off student loan.

The divorce decree did split many debts, but because that loan was for his education he was awarded the entire debt. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.