cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the impact of a 2 year old collection on my TU report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the impact of a 2 year old collection on my TU report?

This is for a speeding ticket I received in Nevada over 14 years ago that I never paid. Elko County collection started reporting it in 2006 and I paid it off in 2007. I wanted a PFD but they refused and seeing how they held the power to prevent me from renewing my CALIFORNIA drivers license, I really had no option other than to pay it off and deal with it.

I want to know if this is impacting my credit score and by how much. My TU and EQ scores were exactly the same on June 15 so I was thinking it was not much of a factor. Hovever, in the simulator, when I pay down my CC balance my TU scor goes up much more slowly than my EQ score.

Also, is the fact that the original ticket goes back to 1995, can I use this as the basis for disputing and having the item removed?  I really need to get my scores up to the 700 range for a good rate on a home purchase I plan to make in the next couple of months.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is the impact of a 2 year old collection on my TU report?

Can you prove that the ticket is from 1995? I'd gather what you have and contact that county for their records and submit all of it to each CRA. It is well past CRTP.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.