cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the least you have settled credit card debt for?

tag
Anonnamus

What is the least you have settled credit card debt for?

If I really want to buy a home, I guess I will have to bite the bullet and start settling debt with the creditors who will not accept a PFD. What is the least amount you were able to get a CA or OC to agree to settle your account? Should I start with offering ten percent? Also, before I send in my settlement check, should I receive their agreement in writing? I don't want to be laughed at, but I really considered offering a hundred dollars to each CA. Think this will work? Most of my negative TLs are from low-limit credit cards. 350 limit, 145673567 in added random fees.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: What is the least you have settled credit card debt for?

How old are the accounts? Charge-off's? Collections? What is your states SOL? More info is needed. 

Community Leader, 

DaBears

Message 2 of 3
Anonnamus

Re: What is the least you have settled credit card debt for?

I apologize for the delayed reply. I had no idea anyone responded! Most of the accounts are from 2007, due to fall off next year, but there are several from as recent as 2009. I live in Oklahoma, so I believe the SOL is five years. Most of these negatives are CO's, with a couple of collections. All have been sold to CAs.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.