Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is up with Equifax?

tag
bruiseviolet
Frequent Contributor

What is up with Equifax?

While spending the last year working my *** off to clean up my credit, I came across the HIPAA process- I know we aren't allowed to really discuss it here- so I won't just wanted to let you know what method I was using for the alleged debts the credit agencies were reporting. 

I have no recollection of these alleged medical collections, so I disputed them (using the process above).  There were 10 of them total. - Transunion and Experian deleted every single one of them- saying they couldn't verify them whatever.  However, Equifax came back saying they verified every single one.  

This completely puts a kink in our mortgage shopping- especially since the lender we are using pulls Equifax.  UGH.  

Why would 2 collection agencies do the right thing, and delete these - but the other does the opposite?  What is my next move?  Will it be good enough for underwriting/the bank to show them that the other two deleted- and that I am still fighting/disputing it with Equifax or will they require them to be completely removed?  I'm not sure what to do- as the process I was using- says the next steps- but I'm not going to do the next steps- because 2 of the three couldn't verify them and deleted them- and I'm not paying for collection accounts that aren't mine- just to have them removed from my credit report.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: What is up with Equifax?

@bruiseviolet wrote:

While spending the last year working my *** off to clean up my credit, I came across the HIPAA process- I know we aren't allowed to really discuss it here- so I won't just wanted to let you know what method I was using for the alleged debts the credit agencies were reporting. 

I have no recollection of these alleged medical collections, so I disputed them (using the process above).  There were 10 of them total. - Transunion and Experian deleted every single one of them- saying they couldn't verify them whatever.  However, Equifax came back saying they verified every single one.  

This completely puts a kink in our mortgage shopping- especially since the lender we are using pulls Equifax.  UGH.  

Why would 2 collection agencies do the right thing, and delete these - but the other does the opposite?  What is my next move?  Will it be good enough for underwriting/the bank to show them that the other two deleted- and that I am still fighting/disputing it with Equifax or will they require them to be completely removed?  I'm not sure what to do- as the process I was using- says the next steps- but I'm not going to do the next steps- because 2 of the three couldn't verify them and deleted them- and I'm not paying for collection accounts that aren't mine- just to have them removed from my credit report.

I would say make sure all of those baddies are showing up on EQ as "Consumer disputes, reinvestigation in process" and have your LO pull and see of theirr OK with that.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If it shows who the OC is, contact them and find out what is going on.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
frio
Frequent Contributor

I spoke to about 5 different csr's yesterday at EQ and I was finally told to give updates, disputes etc a little extra time because they are flooded and also having issues with faxing in the dispute deppartment.  Not sure if that dulls the pain for you, but Im giving my problem 1 more week or so and go from there

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.