Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong w/Equifax?!

tag
ABattle
Regular Contributor

What is wrong w/Equifax?!

So, I paid off my car loan in 3/2007 & for some reason Equifax has me being 120 days late in April 2008.  I've mailed in info to them only for them to say they account was verified.  So, I then reached out to my old car loan company & had them send something to them.  They updated they account as a paid account but didn't remove the 120 day late notation.  I mean I don't understand why common sense isn't being exercised here, they account was close in 2007, so how can it be 120days late in 4/2008.  I've called them to see if I can get anywhere but nada.  I've went back to my car loan to see if they can communicate w/them specifically that I wasn't late in 4/2008, but I think they may have gotten fed up w/my requests & I'm not sure if it has been done.  I just needed to vent my frustration b/c I can't believe how they can report something so inaccurate.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: What is wrong w/Equifax?!

Hi...sorry you're going through this.

The fix is with your original creditor. They are the ones who need to be "encouraged" to change the reporting. I'd send them a letter with receipt requested and tell them that their inaccurate reporting is hurting your credit score, your chances of financing a home, another auto, etc. Do some researching here as to what "threats" you should throw at them, but be sure to include that your next complaints will go to your state's consumer complaints division (or whatever it's called) in your state's attorney general's office.

Time to get tough with them...by mail.

Message 2 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you been disputing via CMRRR?

Message 4 of 5
creditbroke
Contributor

Maybe you can do what this guy did. After reading that and using some of the terms with Experian I was able to have the lady call a number I gave her and instantly correct my report,all while I was on hold.

edited

Links to CIC aren't allowed on here due to the advice they advocate and suggest. - llecs

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.