cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What just happened??? CA mysteriously deleted?

tag
noochski
Contributor

What just happened??? CA mysteriously deleted?

I sent out letters to all 3 CRAs last month regarding validation of a medical collection(AKA Pre-HIPAA letter). My Experian letter was "returned to sender attempted-unable to forward". I sent this letter to Experian P.O. Box 9556 Allen, TX 75013. I was just about to send the same letter to P.O. Box 2002 when an interesting thing happened. . . I got an email alert from USAA that my credit report had been updated. Lo and behold!!! Experian deleted the medical collection account! Why would they delete this account when they had never received my letter? I can only get one credit report on Transunion & Equifax per month but would it be safe to assume(on 2/1/13's report) this will be removed from those as well? I have not received anything back from the 3 CRAs but I am just assuming that if one CRA can't validate the debt, the other two shouldn't either right?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: What just happened??? CA mysteriously deleted?

I may be reading this wrong bu tdid you send the letter to Experian?

@noochski wrote:

I sent out letters to all 3 CRAs last month regarding validation of a medical collection(AKA Pre-HIPAA letter). My Experian letter was "returned to sender attempted-unable to forward". I sent this letter to Experian P.O. Box 9556 Allen, TX 75013. I was just about to send the same letter to P.O. Box 2002 when an interesting thing happened. . . I got an email alert from USAA that my credit report had been updated. Lo and behold!!! Experian deleted the medical collection account! Why would they delete this account when they had never received my letter? I can only get one credit report on Transunion & Equifax per month but would it be safe to assume(on 2/1/13's report) this will be removed from those as well? I have not received anything back from the 3 CRAs but I am just assuming that if one CRA can't validate the debt, the other two shouldn't either right?

Message 2 of 8
noochski
Contributor

Yes. I sent the letter certified to Experian P.O. Box 9556 Allen, TX 75013. It was returned unopened. I located the P.O. Box 2002 address but before I could sent another letter Experian deleted the CA from my CR. They definitely never got my letter. Transunion & Equifax both received their letters but haven't responded.

Message 3 of 8
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

Why wasnn't the letter sent to the agency?

@noochski wrote:

Yes. I sent the letter certified to Experian P.O. Box 9556 Allen, TX 75013. It was returned unopened. I located the P.O. Box 2002 address but before I could sent another letter Experian deleted the CA from my CR. They definitely never got my letter. Transunion & Equifax both received their letters but haven't responded.

Message 4 of 8
noochski
Contributor

The collection agency? Because the 1st part of the process is sending a letter to the CRA's to verify the relationship between the CA and the OC. The HIPAA process isn't discussed on this site so I can't explain more sorry

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

They are most likely, either due to voluntary removal on their own or termination of authority by the OC, no longer collecting on the debt.

In such cases, it is an understandable business practice on their part to delete any credit reporting, as it instantly relieves them from any possible disputes under the FCRA of the accuracy of their reporting.

Your sending of DV requests to a CRA may be part of some HIPAA schema, but the CRAs are not part of any debt validation process, and have no responsiibility to answer any such requests.  They have no means or responsibility to validate accuracy of an asserted debt.

Thus, even if received and opened, they have no obligation to respond unless it is an actual dispute under FCRA 611(a).

Message 6 of 8
noochski
Contributor

I was just confused as to how Experian was the first to delete the entry when they absolutely did not receive my letter.

Message 7 of 8
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@noochski wrote:

I was just confused as to how Experian was the first to delete the entry when they absolutely did not receive my letter.

I see how that is confusing

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.