Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind of letter do I send?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What kind of letter do I send?????

Hello to all!!!!!!!!!!

I want to pay the settlement that a CA has offered, but I want to make sure (IN WRITING) that they will report to all 3 CBs and send me a letter  stating that I owe  $0.00 amount.

I looked but I could not find an example of that type of letter on  the forum, it is quite  possible that I overlooked it.

Would someone post a link to that type of  letter, because I am drawing a blank on how to word it.

Thank you  very much,

T.BURNHAM

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What kind of letter do I send?????

How old is it and who is the collector? Also, do you have any standing to attempt a PFD letter? I would recommend taking that avenue before settling. They have to report the balance as 0 when you do pay it off.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for responding,

The OC is FIRST PREMIER, and the CO IS NARS from Chesterfield MO. They had called me and I told them that I would not talk about this account over the phone to send me a letter, they did with a settlement offer, the settlement offer is decent, and I want to pay, but I had a 2 month fight with Portfolio, and because of that I will only deal with CO's via letter.

I just don't know how to word this letter...I want to say that the settlement is fine, and I want to them to report to all 3CB's, and I want a letter  from them stating that I have paid and my balance is zero.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would attempt to pay for delete (PFD letter) for 75% of the amount, if you can swing the full amount, even better. They bought the debt from someone else who basically deemed it uncollectable. Search for PFD in a sticky above to learn more.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.