Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What low end card to try next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What low end card to try next?

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I may just sell everything that isn't nailed down and either pay down the student loan (my ONLY real debt) or go and flip a house (then pay off the student loans).

My goal is realestate.  I narrowly missed an opportunity a few months back, need to find more. 

Oooh! Fun!

Interesting note about selling your stuff. I recently started auditing my belongings. If I don't use something, but I really love it for some reason, I keep it, if not, I sell it. That way,I get money back on the things I shouldn't have purchased AND don't end up repurchasing things I shouldn't have sold. 

Message 41 of 43
Grafton88
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Lowkeyorka, I appreciate your reply as always.  I tried a couple of the budgeting tools but haven't discovered one I actually like.  In the end I put it into a self made spreadsheet and essentially handle it there.  I think my focus needs to shift towards putting away cash.  Investing (the need for good credit related to realestate) is what brought me back around to concern over my scores.  The one-two punch of playing in that game is credt/cash.  So, I need to find more hidden cash to stash!

Eating out can KILL a budget, my family lives a profoundly frugal lifestyle.  paid for cars, debt free college education, most grocery shopping completed at Aldi/Save -a-Lot, we buy work/school clothes mostly from the discount rack...expenses are mostly controlled but dining out has always worked counter to our goals.  It remains a work in progress, but I'm getting there.

I love that your goal is full control.  I beliefe your money should work for you not the other way around.  I will check out mint (again) and Motif at your suggestion....thanks!

I had to chuckle when I read your reply.  My first thought was how are you going to get rewards if you don't spend, spend, spend?

I see too many people on this site think that rewards are their #1 priority.  Rewards are fine if they are part of your normal spending.  I think they can become a lure to spend too much.

I too want to live a frugal lifestyle.  I am willing to give up somethings month to month in order to have what I really want.  I want to be able to setup my monthly budget on a 3"x5" index card.

Message 42 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Grafton88 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lowkeyorka, I appreciate your reply as always.  I tried a couple of the budgeting tools but haven't discovered one I actually like.  In the end I put it into a self made spreadsheet and essentially handle it there.  I think my focus needs to shift towards putting away cash.  Investing (the need for good credit related to realestate) is what brought me back around to concern over my scores.  The one-two punch of playing in that game is credt/cash.  So, I need to find more hidden cash to stash!

Eating out can KILL a budget, my family lives a profoundly frugal lifestyle.  paid for cars, debt free college education, most grocery shopping completed at Aldi/Save -a-Lot, we buy work/school clothes mostly from the discount rack...expenses are mostly controlled but dining out has always worked counter to our goals.  It remains a work in progress, but I'm getting there.

I love that your goal is full control.  I beliefe your money should work for you not the other way around.  I will check out mint (again) and Motif at your suggestion....thanks!

I had to chuckle when I read your reply.  My first thought was how are you going to get rewards if you don't spend, spend, spend?

I see too many people on this site think that rewards are their #1 priority.  Rewards are fine if they are part of your normal spending.  I think they can become a lure to spend too much.

I too want to live a frugal lifestyle.  I am willing to give up somethings month to month in order to have what I really want.  I want to be able to setup my monthly budget on a 3"x5" index card.

I want something physical for a budget plan, too. I can't handle papers that don't have a place, though. Maybe a fancy dry-erase board.... hmmm...

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.