cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What next?

tag
Boyzmom

What next?

I sent a DV letter to a CA & a CV letter to Capital One in May - it's been over 30 days since they received them - and I haven't heard anything back from either one.  What's the recommended next step in the process to get these 2 tradelines removed from my CR?  Another series of letters to each?  TIA! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What next?

@Boyzmom wrote:

I sent a DV letter to a CA & a CV letter to Capital One in May - it's been over 30 days since they received them - and I haven't heard anything back from either one.  What's the recommended next step in the process to get these 2 tradelines removed from my CR?  Another series of letters to each?  TIA! Smiley Happy

If you sent the DV in a timely fashion then they cant perform any more collection activity until they do validate, if it was not sent timely then your only choice is to send anither one though I would wait till at least 45 days have passed. What is a CV letter???

Message 2 of 5
Boyzmom

@gdale6 wrote:

@Boyzmom wrote:

If you sent the DV in a timely fashion then they cant perform any more collection activity until they do validate, if it was not sent timely then your only choice is to send anither one though I would wait till at least 45 days have passed. What is a CV letter???

I'm sorry - a Credit Verification letter.  They are the OC so a DV letter was not appropriate.  Capital One closed & charged-off my account for $1467 back in 2009 but now the same account has an additional balance of $2247 that I have no idea why.  It has never been sent to collections & I have never received a statement for it.  My CR shows both amounts for this account & I just feel that if I owe this debt I'm entitled to some sort of explanation as to why.  It's been the same balance for quite a while so it doesn't appear to be compounding interest.  It just showed up on my CR some time ago so if you're referring within 30 days since I was notififed of this balance as sent timely I have no idea when that date would've been. Smiley Sad  The debt has passed the SOL in my state & they have never pursued it after charging off the $1467.  

The CA I sent the DV letter to was for a CC & this debt has changed hands at least 4 times since the OC charged it off in 2009.  Like I said, I'm just not sure what my next course of action would be.   

Message 3 of 5
Boyzmom

@Boyzmom wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

@Boyzmom wrote:

I'm sorry - a Credit Verification letter.  They are the OC so a DV letter was not appropriate.  Capital One closed & charged-off my account for $1467 back in 2009 but now the same account has an additional balance of $2247 that I have no idea why.  It has never been sent to collections & I have never received a statement for it.  My CR shows both amounts for this account & I just feel that if I owe this debt I'm entitled to some sort of explanation as to why.  It's been the same balance for quite a while so it doesn't appear to be compounding interest.  It just showed up on my CR some time ago so if you're referring within 30 days since I was notififed of this balance as sent timely I have no idea when that date would've been. Smiley Sad  The debt has passed the SOL in my state & they have never pursued it after charging off the $1467.  

The CA I sent the DV letter to was for a CC & this debt has changed hands at least 4 times since the OC charged it off in 2009.  Like I said, I'm just not sure what my next course of action would be.   

Anybody??

Message 4 of 5
eric19k
Established Contributor

I would send another one and wait for response. If they will not respond then file a compaint with BBB OR FCPB
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.