Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What now?

A little over a year ago I started aggressively working on rebuilding my credit. At the time my scores were below 500 due to multiple collections on my reports because I didn't realize when I was younger how much those unpaid bills would affect me in the long run. I have disputed inaccuracies on some and paid others and now currently have only one collection account for a medical bill with experian which is due to fall off in August as well as a $3600 charged off auto loan that was totaled and I ended up upside down on the loan after the insurance paid most of it. I have not paid it because the company will not make any payment arrangements with me other than to pay the balance in full and I don't have the cash to pay them to bring it current and stop the interest accrual. I have had no credit cards to show credit utilization % so just opened a secured capital one card with a $200 limit and am waiting to for it to arrive. My scores to date are 602Eq 598Tr and 586Ex so they have improved but over the last couple months have hit a plateau. Any suggestions on my next steps as I am currently renting a house that my landlord wants to sell to me asap and I don't want to pass up this opportunity. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: What now?

@Anonymous wrote:
A little over a year ago I started aggressively working on rebuilding my credit. At the time my scores were below 500 due to multiple collections on my reports because I didn't realize when I was younger how much those unpaid bills would affect me in the long run.

I have disputed inaccuracies on some and paid others and now currently have only one collection account for a medical bill with experian which is due to fall off in August as well as a $3600 charged off auto loan that was totaled and I ended up upside down on the loan after the insurance paid most of it. I have not paid it because the company will not make any payment arrangements with me other than to pay the balance in full and I don't have the cash to pay them to bring it current and stop the interest accrual.

I have had no credit cards to show credit utilization % so just opened a secured capital one card with a $200 limit and am waiting to for it to arrive. My scores to date are 602Eq 598Tr and 586Ex so they have improved but over the last couple months have hit a plateau. Any suggestions on my next steps as I am currently renting a house that my landlord wants to sell to me asap and I don't want to pass up this opportunity. Thanks in advance.

Hi Jciav... welcome to the forums!

I'm going to request that your thread be moved over to the 'Rebuilding Your Credit' sub-forum; since your question isn't about a bankruptcy I believe you will get more exposure over there. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I accidentally posted it here and once I realized it posted it there but was unsure how to delete it from here.
Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I accidentally posted it here and once I realized it posted it there but was unsure how to delete it from here.

No problem... it happens to the best of us.  Smiley Wink

It will be relocated soon; I suspect you'll get more feedback over there. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.