wendlan
Regular Contributor

Re: What positive tradelines can I add?

What is the shopping cart trick?

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

go to the store add something to the cart, and check out, enter your information, if you get a pop up, saying your approved then your approved. i just did it yesterday at victoria secret and got approved for 500

Message 12 of 14
wendlan
Regular Contributor

Thanks,I did a search and looked up what stores offer this. I went on One Stop plus and it did pop up $250 approved, I made a small purchase on it. My scores are 610 tr 624 eq 637 ex...I am trying to get over the 640 in the next  2 monhs for a home purchase, do you think this will help? I did not want a hard pull. Recently I got a secured open sky $300 and a Capital One unsecured $3000. Capital one hasn't made any FICO reports for 2 months now and I got a hard pull from Capital One. Not much difference with the secured card since 6/1 it reports.

Message 13 of 14
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@wendlan wrote:

Thanks,I did a search and looked up what stores offer this. I went on One Stop plus and it did pop up $250 approved, I made a small purchase on it. My scores are 610 tr 624 eq 637 ex...I am trying to get over the 640 in the next  2 monhs for a home purchase, do you think this will help? I did not want a hard pull. Recently I got a secured open sky $300 and a Capital One unsecured $3000. Capital one hasn't made any FICO reports for 2 months now and I got a hard pull from Capital One. Not much difference with the secured card since 6/1 it reports.

Are those scores FICO 04?  FICO 04 is used for most mortgages.   I believe myfico and most CC apps will give you FICO 08 scores.  Your FICO 04 may be higher or lower than your FICO 08 scores.

The shopping card trick doesn't cost you a HP, but it is still a new TL.  I wouldn't open any new accounts 2 months before applying for a mortgage.   Opening new TL's is unlikely to improve and may drop your score for the first couple of months. 

You could try getting added as an AU on a old, clean credit card.  You would inherit the entire credit history, even if you they didn't give you the card.  However, I don't know if there is enough time for an AU account to be matched to your CR.   Also, note that you will probably need to have the same address as the owner of the credit line.

If you have any baddies on your report, getting them removed would make the biggest difference to your score.   Be sure to optimize your utilization before applying, too.

Good Luck.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.