Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's Next?

Thanks to this forum I have figured out how to submit the disputes for multiple items on all 3 of my credit reports (average of 12 per report). TU has already approved the disputes and stated they would be removed.  Waiting for a response from EQ and EX.

I have 11 collections for medical bills and 2 for closed credit cards.  So what do I focus on next?  And how do I approach these companies to ask for a settlement that will reflect positively on my reports?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's Next?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks to this forum I have figured out how to submit the disputes for multiple items on all 3 of my credit reports (average of 12 per report). TU has already approved the disputes and stated they would be removed.  Waiting for a response from EQ and EX.

I have 11 collections for medical bills and 2 for closed credit cards.  So what do I focus on next?  And how do I approach these companies to ask for a settlement that will reflect positively on my reports?

Keep very good records for all of your disputes, investigation results and updated reports.  Call the collections companies and have a settlement offer in mind - and ready to pay soon!  Ask for "pay for delete"; you pay an agreed amount, in return for them agreeing to delete it from your reports.  They are not obligated to honor this, and there is a chance that if you pay, and the collection is removed it could return.  A sort of "insurance policy" is having something in writing that agrees to the pay for delete.  Work on the easiest ones first; smallest balance.  If you call, and they announce the call is recorde and offer pay for delete, but nothing in writing at least there is a chance the recorded call can help.

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.