Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Your Plan?

tag
dytch2220
Regular Contributor

What's Your Plan?

I thought I'd share my recovery plan and see what others may be doing.

11/24/10 FICO:

EX 590 TU 559 EQ 531

Short Goal FICO:

640+ x3

Long Goal FICO:

760+ x3

1) Capital One -  Secured card on the way!  $200 CL for now.  Expected to arrive on or about Dec 12th.  Will make regular deposits to increase the CL.  Short goal of $1,000.00.

2) PenFCU - Accepted my application for membership.  No credit was extended but it will be a good place to have my foot in the door for later on...  Credit re-pull avail after 6 mos.

3) PSECU - Will be applying using the PRPS method in a couple weeks.  Another good place to have my foot in the door for later.

4) NavyFCU - Will be applying for membership in two weeks and requesting a secured card based on a $200 deposit.  Will make regular deposits to grow this to $1,000.00 also.

5) SSFCU - Member.  Will take advantage of share-secured loans to pay off some of my smaller debts in full using the PFD method.  Will also try using this method to attempt settlement on some of my larger debts.  Two birds, one stone.

6) Disputes and GWs like crazy on anything that's left.  Pay ALL bills on time, forever.

7) Get a house.

8) Get a car.

9) Get unsecured credit cards with high CLs.

10) Wallow in self-accomplishment.  Smiley Very Happy

The End

Nate

Installment Accounts

Revolving Accounts
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ficonightmare
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's Your Plan?

My current scores are all over the board. EQ, 736, TU 788, and EX? No idea but they're the lowest I'm assuming as they're showing 1 derog the others aren't.

Short tem and Long term goals: 760 with all 3 CRA's. Hoping for this by Apri of 2011 the latest. Also purchase an apartment around the same time.

Afer I've accomplished the above, the only other thing I want is two more credit cards. One with Simmons (their low APR can come in handy), but I've read they're difficult to get.and a Bloomingdale's Amex. That's it!

Like you, I will wallow in self -accomplishment if I can meet at least half those goals. lol..

Starting Score: 600s
Current Score: EQ 08 798 on 5/28/14, TU 792 on 5/27/4 via Barclay, EX 798 on 5/28/14
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.