Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's impacting my TRANSUNION SCORE!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's impacting my TRANSUNION SCORE!!!

Following items are impacting my TransUnion score.  Could you please let me know how long each message will remain on my credit?

• Too high a proportion of your bank credit card accounts were opened recently. [TransUnion]   Having too high of a proportion of accounts that are recently opened can be a concern to potential creditors since it does not yet show a record of responsible use. Allowing the accounts time to mature before applying for more may allow creditors to better understand how you pay these debts. 

I opened 2 new account recently and one back in 2005.  How long will this message show?

• The available credit on your open revolving credit accounts is too low. [TransUnion]   Having credit available to you is a sign that you are able to manage your finances responsibly. Lenders usually like to see that consumers have a large amount of credit available to them

I have 7K available limit -- should I ask for CLI??? How much minimum limit do I need to have to drop this message?

• Your oldest revolving credit account was opened too recently. [TransUnion]   Time is an important factor for a healthy credit score. Giving the accounts time to mature may allow creditors to better understand how you pay your debts.

Same here -- my oldest credit card was opened in 2005.  2 new cards as of Jan. 2013.

Note [ TransUnion ]:  In addition to the factors listed above, the number of inquiries on your credit report has adversely affected your credit score.

This is the lasty note -- I have 8 inquiries w/in the last 2 years.  Will this impact my score 2 years?

Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
jadeite788
Established Contributor

Re: What's impacting my TRANSUNION SCORE!!!

Basically they are telling you the key word "TIME".  You going to have to be patience, with CC, its a minimum 6 months.  As for 8 inquiries in 2 years.  Honestly that is a lot.  You should not have no more than 2 Hard inquiries, preferably only 0-1.  Everytime you apply for credit your score can take a hit.   Let them inquiries fall off after 2 years.  You should only have to apply once a year for some type of tradeline.  Ugly truth, its the waiting game for you just like everybody else.  I bad myself with being patience.

Starting Score: 565
Current Experian Score: 634 (Lender pull)
Current Equifax Score: previous 668, 680 as of 11/12/13 lender pull
Current Transunion Score: previous 675,677 as of 09/23/13
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

The inquiries should not affect you after one year.  

Message 3 of 4
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Your two new cards need to age.  You can ask for a CLI increase on your other card, but find out beforehand if it's a hard credit pull or a soft credit pull.

Time is going to be your friend here.  Continue to make the payments ontime, try to stay under 10% utilization and no new applications.  Pay attention to the dates your cards report to the credit bureau, get your payments in before then so they'll report with your new balance.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.