Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's my next step?

tag
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: What's my next step?

Call NFCU and when they ask what your eligibility is, just tell them that your father is eligible for an account due to being active duty, retired, or honorably discharged. Whichever applies to your situation. I joined through my active duty son. The military member does not have to have an account to do this, just has to be eligible.
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Quoting on a mobile device is a bit of a pain, that's why I rarely quote. Just FYI

Very true.Smiley Happy 

I usually scroll down to the bottom and change over to full version on my android device.  Not sure what is says on an iPhone, however.

Message 22 of 26
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

I hate the way the site looks on my phone (android also) when it's full site. And it takes forever to go back to the mobile site. I'm odd sometimes.
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
I hate the way the site looks on my phone (android also) when it's full site. And it takes forever to go back to the mobile site. I'm odd sometimes.

Never odd....just know what you want and like. Smiley Very Happy

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I followed that advice and did the $1 membership. Currently it stands:

FICO EX 642 TU 636 EQ 618

Thanks for all your help!

If you are wanting to respond to a particular post, click on that post and then click on the "Quote" button and it wil bring out that posting and then we will know who you are referring to.  Your scores aren't bad.  My scores were much lower when I seriously began rebuilding, so you're doing great so far.Smiley Wink

I had some luck this week, both my collections fell off my TU report. I'm hoping the same goes for the other too. Fingers crossed.  My score jumped 17 points and I made the decision to try and apply for a few cards. I went 3/4 and am in a state of disbelief. I was approved for a USAA card (1K), Quicksilver (3K), and the Chase United (5K). I fly to Hawaii several times a year as my fiancé is from Oahu, not sure if my United Membership history had any weigh in on it. 

Anyways, 9K in new available credit when I had all but $1,700 prior to today. I will continue to make payments on time and hopefully allow any other transgressions to fall off by my wedding. I didn't have any inquiries in the past 6 months and only 3 from the past 2 years, so hopefully no huge impact. 

I've been waiting to escape the damage I did to myself at 19 for a long time. This feels so good! Happy to continue my journey to a worry free credit score. 

Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I followed that advice and did the $1 membership. Currently it stands:

FICO EX 642 TU 636 EQ 618

Thanks for all your help!

If you are wanting to respond to a particular post, click on that post and then click on the "Quote" button and it wil bring out that posting and then we will know who you are referring to.  Your scores aren't bad.  My scores were much lower when I seriously began rebuilding, so you're doing great so far.Smiley Wink

I had some luck this week, both my collections fell off my TU report. I'm hoping the same goes for the other too. Fingers crossed.  My score jumped 17 points and I made the decision to try and apply for a few cards. I went 3/4 and am in a state of disbelief. I was approved for a USAA card (1K), Quicksilver (3K), and the Chase United (5K). I fly to Hawaii several times a year as my fiancé is from Oahu, not sure if my United Membership history had any weigh in on it. 

Anyways, 9K in new available credit when I had all but $1,700 prior to today. I will continue to make payments on time and hopefully allow any other transgressions to fall off by my wedding. I didn't have any inquiries in the past 6 months and only 3 from the past 2 years, so hopefully no huge impact. 

I've been waiting to escape the damage I did to myself at 19 for a long time. This feels so good! Happy to continue my journey to a worry free credit score. 

Congrats on the approvals, especially the Chase United card.  Not sure with it being a co-branded card if it falls under the 5/24 rule; Chase is my white whale (maybe someday Smiley Sad).   You done a great job this week...and celebrate your success.  Smiley Very Happy  Continue on the path that your one and you'll reach your credit goals.

Thanks for sharing the wonderful news with us.  Your joy is our joy.

Have a great weekend.

Kay

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.