cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to find out when collection/charge offs removed from reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the best way to find out when collection/charge offs removed from reports

First off, THANK YOU to everybody here.  I have read a lot of much needed advice and had several ppl help with contacts for multiple companies.

I have scorewatch, but have not had any alerts in a month since it started...

I had gw success over the last few days.

Cap 1 removing 30,60,90,120 day lates because it was due to residual interest is what the lady said when she called me.

GECRB taking care of charge off similar circumstances.

Brightwater Financial removing their collection account.

How long should I expect this to take realistically and will any cms notify me when they are removed?

Still a long way to go...11 medical collections, Verizon landline charge off and a few sporadic 30 day lates that happened after a car wreck.

Started with EQ 570 6/28/4512 from here and EX 590 Lender pulled in late May. Just waiting to see when something happens.

Still looking for contacts for HSBC, Citibank, and Verizon Landline. Any contacts for these would be appreciated, but I'm having luck with emails right now.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What's the best way to find out when collection/charge offs removed from reports

I suggest subscribing to a CMS like USAA. You can pull all 3 CRs daily and get a general idea of the changes to your CR. SW is great for tracking FICO, but SW (and all other services out there) won't alert you to dropped accounts. SW will alert you to score changes provided your target score was correctly set, but your EQ FICO is only monitored weekly.In the realm of repair, a week can seem like a year and it won't tell you what dropped.

Message 2 of 8
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: What's the best way to find out when collection/charge offs removed from reports

The trick to getting scorewatch alerts on your score is to set your target score as your current score. You might not know what your current score is, since it seems like you've had negatives removed. Monitoring servies do not alert you on removals.

Your best bet (just as was said above) is to get a monitoring service that lets you pull all 3 reports on a regular basis. I pull mine every day from USAA. Do a search on the forum for 'CMS guide' .. it's a thread, but the first post is a great list of credit monitoring services, including price information, what bureaus you can pull, and how often.

Monitor your reports with frequent pulls. When you see a removal, you know it's time to pull a scorewatch (or wait for the weekly score update). Once you get a new score, set your target score to your current score to get scorewatch alerts if it goes up or down.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 3 of 8
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

I've heard it's not good to pull your credit that often, defintely not daily? It creates a longer credit report which I've read creditors don't like to see and you also run the risk of your report becoming so long that it gets split off which can be a big hassle... no?

Message 4 of 8
xRayTony
Valued Member

@OptimalFICO wrote:

I've heard it's not good to pull your credit that often, defintely not daily? It creates a longer credit report which I've read creditors don't like to see and you also run the risk of your report becoming so long that it gets split off which can be a big hassle... no?

Creditors don't see that portion so that's not an issue.

Message 5 of 8
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

xRayTony, since the soft inquiries show up when one pulls their own CR, thus potentially making the report very long, wouldn't they still run the risk of the CRA splitting the report if it gets too long?

Message 6 of 8
wreith
Frequent Contributor

From my understanding you would have to pull from multiple cms's everyday for 3 months straight for something like that to happen.  I tend to check my USAA CMS at least 4 times a week.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 7 of 8
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

The person said she pulls all three of her CRs from a CMS everyday... so I was thinking that could end up splitting her report if she continues doing so long-term...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.