cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the earliest you've gotten TU to do EE?

tag
NichelleN
Established Contributor

Re: What's the earliest you've gotten TU to do EE?

@J91605 wrote:

@NichelleN wrote:

I had absolutely no luck calling in to TransUnion. I called this morning to request an EE on a judgement that is due to fall off in January. I spoke to a rep who told me that the item needs to remain on the report for 7 years. I requested to speak to a supervisor. After 10 minutes of waiting, a supervisor came on the line and also explained to me that it must remain for 7 years and they have no ability to remove anything early. I really tried to be nice but obviously I don't know the magic words. I tried "early exclusion" but he said there is no such thing. I told him that others have had entries removed early and he wanted to know who. He then told me that I must have been lied to as they would never do such a thing. I need to wait until January. It felt like a lecture. I gave up and ended the conversation. I really question if he was actually a supervisor.

I immediately called back and asked again for a supervisor. The rep asked that I let him try to help me first and resisted, after 2 requests, to connect me with a supervisor. After pulling up my report he stated that he could enter a dispute as "too old to report". I agreed as this was in the middle of my work day and I had little time left to spend on the phone. I will check tomorrow and see if there is any movement. If not, I can try back and give it another shot.

Just did the same thing yesterday for a judgment. They deleted it today!!

Thats good to know! Hopefully I get the same result. That would be wonderful.

More than enough credit.
Message 71 of 82
NichelleN
Established Contributor

And here's my update. I logged in to TransUnion and pulled my report dated today and there was good news! The judgement is gone!

That was good for a 29 point score increase. Since the end of May TransUnion is up over 50 points, Equifax is up over 75 points and Experian is up over 25. Later this year when the judgement is deleted from Equifax and Experian, I should be in pretty good shape all around. It's nice to now see categories listed as "GOOD" on the summary pages.

I'd never heard of an "EE" before reading it here. So, once again, thanks!

More than enough credit.
Message 72 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many more baddies do you have? My husband had a judgement drop off in July, and got an 80 point increase.
Message 73 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!!!!
Message 74 of 82
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How many more baddies do you have? My husband had a judgement drop off in July, and got an 80 point increase.

I'm looking for the same on September 1st.

My Ch 13 public record and IIB accounts are set for 3/2016 removal... so I'll be calling TU for EE at the beginning of the month.

I'm 671 TU (my lowest score) WITH the items still reporting... and don't think 80 points is an unrealistic expectation considering how heavy the bankrupcy public record and IIB accounts weigh down your score...  (Just as bad as a judgment if not worse)

That being said... I'm expecting to be in the 750 ballpark.

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 75 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm calling in sept for my judgement as well, although I really don't think it's affecting my score anymore. I just got an Amex ED Citi DC and Venture with immediate approvals. I will take 30 points for sure. Lol
Message 76 of 82
NichelleN
Established Contributor

I have one account with major issues reporting. The negatives on that account are only a few months old and it's certainly affecting my score. Also, two months ago I applied for and opened a number of new accounts. So, I have quite a bit of new credit reporting. That's it. The negative indicators on all 3 of my reports refer to the amount of "new credit". It rates as poor so I'm gardening for a while. 

With more time the judgement on Experian and Equifax will fall and the new accounts will age. So, for now, my plan is to simply garden, go for CLI's and wait.

I feel pretty good.

More than enough credit.
Message 77 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone that has had sucess getting EE from TU. How did you find out the items had been removed? Did you have to pull a new report, did TU send you an email informing you they had been removed, or did you get an alert from some other monitoring service?

Message 78 of 82
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

For anyone that has had sucess getting EE from TU. How did you find out the items had been removed? Did you have to pull a new report, did TU send you an email informing you they had been removed, or did you get an alert from some other monitoring service?

If you dispute online as "too old to be on file" they send you an email. Typically the items are removed lighning fast - within hours. The email detailing the results (items deleted) comes a couple days later. I assume the same would hold true if you called in the request. I got the alert of a score increase, and credit karma also showed the items being removed a few days later.

Message 79 of 82
tiger_uppercut
Established Contributor

@TRC_WA wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm looking for the same on September 1st.

My Ch 13 public record and IIB accounts are set for 3/2016 removal... so I'll be calling TU for EE at the beginning of the month.

I'm 671 TU (my lowest score) WITH the items still reporting... and don't think 80 points is an unrealistic expectation considering how heavy the bankrupcy public record and IIB accounts weigh down your score...  (Just as bad as a judgment if not worse)

That being said... I'm expecting to be in the 750 ballpark.

I can tell you're excited, I think I've seen you post this 20 times in the last month, lol.

Honestly, I was surprised at how anti-climactic it was. It was nice waking up to 700+ overnight. Granted, I still have to wait until the last round of baddies becomes eligible on TU (November), so I'm certain to be 750+ when that happens...but it also just made me focus on the other CRAs and the remaining low scores there. TU doing EE 6 months out is kind of a blessing and a curse. It's obviously rad that you get a break earlier than the other CRAs...but it's also kind of pointless without the other two CRA's following suit. And EE with EQ (and to some extent, EX) is very hit or miss. So the wait really just continues. But I'm terribly impatient.

Message 80 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.