Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with Equifax...need help...

tag
MichiganMommy
Frequent Contributor

What's up with Equifax...need help...

My fico scores (and lender scores, they pulled the same ones recently) were EQ 575, EX 644 and TU 647. I have looked carefully at all three reports and there are only two things that are different between EQ and the other two. One is the age of the oldest account...I have several reporting as 1993 on EX and TU. The same accounts are aged at 1994 on EQ. Is there anything that can be done about this?

I also noticed that I only have 1 revolving (recent) account reporting on EQ. The other two have two revolving accounts. So, I probably need to add another revolving account to EQ to help that score. Any suggestions on what revolving accounts to open for EQ? I will have to post this on the CC thread as well.

Thanks
MM--
Updates scores...inching along. Waiting for 7 recent medical collections to fall off!! (seriously working since END of May): EX 519 TU 576 EQ 449
8-02-08 EX 644 TU 647 EQ 575...650s here I come....700club, get ready!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's up with Equifax...need help...

MichiganMommy wrote:
My fico scores (and lender scores, they pulled the same ones recently) were EQ 575, EX 644 and TU 647. I have looked carefully at all three reports and there are only two things that are different between EQ and the other two. One is the age of the oldest account...I have several reporting as 1993 on EX and TU. The same accounts are aged at 1994 on EQ. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Are those open or closed accounts? If closed accounts-- leave them be. If you try to fix the different dates, it could cause the TL to be gone for good. IMO, not worth the risk and likely not making that much of a difference.

What is your current util?
Message 2 of 3
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's up with Equifax...need help...

I would be afraid to mess with that oldest account thing, something may go wrong and delete the TL all together.  As for the revolving, HSBC is reporting on all three of mine as well as GEMB/Walmart (though not in a very timely manner) 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.