Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I add?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I add?

So I am on the mission to rebuild my credit. I owe nothing as far as old debt goes. I recently got a $200 Capital One secured card and just opened a $1,000 Secured loan with my bank. I would like to know if I should add something else to the mix like another secured card maybe? I would like to get a unsecured card but I have been decline when I have tried. Its hard for me to pull my Fico because it doesnt give me a number. I am assuming because I have not had open credit accounts for 2-3 years. My Capital One Credit Tracker tool gives me a Fakko Score of 578 and Credit Karma gives me a Fakko if 512 but I know these really are not reliable. Any help would be great!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I add?

Try to take it a step at a time - I've found doing too much at once doesn't allow things to settle....

Are your card and loan reporting yet?? IF not, maybe wait for them to do so - then see if you get a score bump.  CAP ONE is a good one for rebuilding and I know you have the secured card.....You may be able to get unsecured in a few months.  Always hit the PreQual sites before you actually apply - it does help, and it is a soft pull.

Or try for another Secured Card....  Opensky is good - and no credit check.

Also - CCT is a good tool.   $1 trial for a week - you can pull all 3B - If you call to cancel - they will offer you 1/2 price for some time frame - (I got a year)   $14.97 per month.    I get Ex daily - and can pull 3B once a month - so that is good for me.....

Good Luck! Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.