Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I co with Capital One

tag
mato01
Regular Contributor

What should I co with Capital One

I have or have had three accounts with Capital One associated credit cards.

1. Capital One QS One that use to be a HSBC that is current and good standing. 2000 limit, 10% utilization (In fact I went from $500 to $2000 in March, 2014).

2. Capital One HSBC Charge Off,  paid through garnishment in 2010, 0 balance lots of lates. Schedule to delete 8/2016

3. Capitl One Pla. Charge Off that  was $2800, and now is down to 700. Been paying on this for a couple years. Reporting every month. 9/2016.

Do you think it would be wise if I pay off No. 3 for me to try to Goodwill the early removal of No. 2 and 3.

I'm asking because I don't want to damage my future with the Good capital one tradeline.

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should I co with Capital One

@mato01 wrote:

I have or have had three accounts with Capital One associated credit cards.

1. Capital One QS One that use to be a HSBC that is current and good standing. 2000 limit, 10% utilization (In fact I went from $500 to $2000 in March, 2014).

2. Capital One HSBC Charge Off,  paid through garnishment in 2010, 0 balance lots of lates. Schedule to delete 8/2016

3. Capitl One Pla. Charge Off that  was $2800, and now is down to 700. Been paying on this for a couple years. Reporting every month. 9/2016.

Do you think it would be wise if I pay off No. 3 for me to try to Goodwill the early removal of No. 2 and 3.

I'm asking because I don't want to damage my future with the Good capital one tradeline.

I would pay if off just to get it to stop reporting monthly it is keeping your Fico score from recovering, for what you want here I dont see anything wrong with that approach either. These accounts are unlikely to affect your current account.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.