Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do here?

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

What should I do here?

So I disputed be Jefferson capital systems and got something back that says we have ceased collections account until such time as verification of this data is provided to you in addition as a courtesy we have requested that the customer reporting agencies delete the account from your credit file and then I get another notice from a plaza recovery which happened to come in the meantime (dated 7 days before my letter from jefferson) saying that they're offering me a settlement on behalf of Jefferson capital system so do I dispute them because it has a dunning notice? Or can I ignore it since Jefferson says they will remove?
-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: What should I do here?

You could send them a copy of the DV as well, if Jefferson can't validate it then very likely Plaza won't either.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Their deletion was totally voluntary, so there is no prohibition against its reinsertion. 

Reinsertion of previously deleted information is only regulated under the FCRA if its deletion was as a result of an FCRA dispute over its accuracy.

it is kinda shabby for them to tell you they are doing a courtesy deletion, only to refer it to another who can then report it.

But not a violation of the FDCPA or FCRA.

Your issue is not disputable, as the new debt collector has not reported to the CRA.  Even if they do, the issue is not one of accuracy of their reporting, but rather its appropriateness.  I dont see a dispute as the proper process.

Send them a DV, immediately barring them from reporting to the CRAs.  Dont ignore them.... they can report regardless of what the first debt collector has done.

Message 3 of 4
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

I just noticed this was scheduled to be removed next month but I will go ahead and send the DV anyway but only regular mail since they can't report after this month.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.