Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do next? I'm very cofused

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do next? I'm very cofused

So I was looking at my credit report and I see a Potentially Negative Account from Senex Services and the Date it was opened was on 10/13/2008. So I Wasn't exactly sure what it was and when it was from. Googled senex and found their phone number and called them. The lady on the phone looked up my account and said "Your account has been turned over to an Attorney and his number is ....... You can call them to talk about your account because I'm not allowed to share anything with you about this account, Thank you" I asked her why it went to the attorney and that this is still their account so they should be able to talk to me about it. She repeated "Like I said, Call the attorney, Thank you" and straight hung up on me.

I have no idea what the attorney is doing with this account and wondering what I need to do next. But I'm not planning on calling the attorney.

Thank you guys!

Btw this is my first post, Finally decided to fix my credit score and take care of accounts that are on my report.

All the help is appericiated.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I do next? I'm very cofused

My understanding is that the primary reason an account would be sent to an attorny is when the creditor is preparing to take legal action to retrieve the debt.  But I'm not well versed in this stuff at all, so don't take my word for it.  Hopefully someone more experienced can give you some advice on the matter.

Some other data points that might help to assess this situation are:

• Does the account show any negative info on the CR?  i.e. missed payments, unpaid balance, etc?
  • How much visibility do you have on your report history?  Is this account something you just happened to notice on your report or did it pop up out of nowhere?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just started keeping track of my credit report actually so I dont know when it went on there.

This is what i see on my credit report. I took screenshot

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it state anywhere who the Original Creditor was? Perhaps this was an old credit card debt? I am by no means an expert so I am bumping to see if any of the more seasoned members can assist.

Message 4 of 9
scubaqueen
Valued Member

what's your sol and DoFD. Maybe it went to a 3rd party JB instead of an attorney.  Also I would validate the debt if it's not with the original creditor. 

Starting Score: 379
Current Score: 568
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea who the OC is but senex collects medical debt i believe so I'm guessing its hospital.

Also my SOL is 6 years I think. Im in ohio btw.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

DoFD...had to google it lol

But i'm pretty sure no payment was ever made.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

8 years for contracts in writing:
http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2305.06

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know, I thought it was 6.

So basically i'm out of luck here with this? The attorney will try to get a judgment against me?

Anything I could do so it works in my favor or even helps me a little?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.