cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do next when TU stinks.

tag
vulgy1

What should I do next when TU stinks.

Long time reader first time poster Smiley Happy I will try and make this complete but not too long, I need good advice. I want 700+ by July of 09 for a house purchase.

BK discharged 06-17-07, scores- TU 489, EQ 582, EX 523

01-10-08, scores- TU 601, EQ 673, EX 636

06-12-08, scores- TU 638, EQ 685, EX 636

10-08-08, scores- TU 640, EQ 684, EX 659

01-02-08, scores- TU 651, EQ 663, EX 650

Paid 6 CA's while split from Exwife, before going into full collection. One still showed up after BK, on my 6-17-07 Fico report, from 09-06 for $64, I disputed and EQ & EX both removed it but not ##%4 TU, after a year of disputes CA turned on me after first saying it was paid, to it was included in BK?

Question #1- Is there anyway to fight TU, maybe BBB?

#2- Why are they the worst at reporting yet the most used by lenders?

#3- Can anything be done to CA?

The reason I had a quick jump by 01-08 is, I piggybacked on my parents card then found out this practice was no longer going to be allowed, and I wanted to stand on my own. Of course TU is the only one showing I'm still active after six months, and this hurts my Debt ratio, as AMX shows no CL. So I have a VISA with a CL of $2000, bal of 1550, MC 800, Bal of 350, and TU shows AMX

with a bal of 1380. My two, personal Balances, are from Holidays, and will be paid of by March.

#4-After my dispute letter gets processed, what other course of action does one have if TU again does not fix this balance error?

Last, I've been following Stephen Snyder's Credit after BK, my next step was to get a car loan. After interviewing a finance manager at Dodge then later Toyota, and telling him I don't want credit pulled unless he knows I'll qualify, I end up with 7 pulls 09-08 and 6 more 12-08 on my TU report, EQ & EX only show 1.

#5- I'm disputing the extra pulls with TU since I specifically ask that it not be pulled more than once, will this dispute work?

#6- Why has EQ dropped so much when it does not show the credit pulls or Amx?

#7- What else should I be doing besides paying down my balance and never talking to another Dealership?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Starting Score: 529
Current Score: 687
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I do next when TU stinks.

welcome to the forums,

#1 not really, the CA should stop pursuing and reporting -

#2 they are the most business friendly

#3 complain with BBB, both AGs and FTC that CA is pursuing and reporting a debt dismissed in BK

#4 AU are still being used for scoring, you have to remove yourself from the card

#5 TU reports what happened, complain with whoever did the pulls, not TU

#6 Hard pulls do not impact your score that drastically when hovering below 700 - there must be something else going on

#7 open new accounts and keep in good standing and low utilization

Message 2 of 6
vulgy1

Thanks for replying.

So on Questions 1-3 My complaint lies with CA.

4- I have been removed since June of 08, in all cases TU has been slow to respond or unwilling to change.

7- What other accts.? Tried to get a car but I don't want 13 plus percent interest or anymore pulls?  Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU reports what is reported to them, so yes your complaint is with the CA.

Have you disputed the AU as "no longer an AU"?

If you are going for a mortgage in 6-7 months, I wouldn't open any other accounts.

Work on getting this CA to report accurately or remove, get the AU account off, and get your util down.

As mentioned, AU accounts do still count in scoring.

Message 4 of 6
vulgy1

I sincerely appreciate the advice so my apologies if you think I'm disagreeing with anyone.

Late 06 and early 07 I went through the dispute process with all 3 CRA's, this is when the CA was working with me, anyway EQ and EX cleared all matters but not TU (3 disputes), and now the CA is under new management and they're saying it was part of BK, no I don't have a receipt, things were messed up back then with BK and divorce, so I'm likely stuck with explaining it in the mortgage process.

Now, after being taken off as AU 6-08, again no problem with EQ or EX, but TU showing a high balance with no CL, so yes I will dispute this, must just be my bad luck with TU.

My bad credit is still on me, and for only me to fix, I am glad to know AU's still work, as I can get myself added to a HL no balance card. My CC bal. will be paid by March, so hopefully I'll see 700's in July. I'll keep you posted.

To all keep your GOALS in focus!Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your BK papers should show if this account was included or not.

If it wasn't, and you are willing to file suit against the CA, you can send them an ITS giving them X days to report accurately or you will file suit.

If you have to file suit, you will have your BK papers to show this account was not included in BK.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.