Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do next ?

tag
frio
Frequent Contributor

What should I do next ?

I've recieved a executive response from tmobile denying me a PFD and telling me to work with West Asset Management.  I called WAM and I found out they do NOT own the account they are just managing it for tmobile and collecting the funds.  Im not sure what to do next, I would love to start the new year right and this off my CR !! 

Any ideas what I should do, should I keep trying to move up the ladder at Tmobile ?

Starting Score: 589 / TU: 600
Current Score: 696 / TU: 696
Goal Score: 700 / TU: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What should I do next ?

Has the debt collector also reported to the CRA?  If so, you have the double impact of both the OC reporting and the reporting of a collection.

Since the OC wont consider deletion of their reporting, if the debt collector has reported, you can at least attempt deletion of their reporting by sending a PFD offer to them.

If the debt collector has not reported, some have had success in offering a modified PFD, offering payment in exchange for their agreement NOT to report a collection.

The fact that they dont own the debt is not relevant to their ability to report their collection activities.

Message 2 of 5
frio
Frequent Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

Has the debt collector also reported to the CRA?  If so, you have the double impact of both the OC reporting and the reporting of a collection.

Since the OC wont consider deletion of their reporting, if the debt collector has reported, you can at least attempt deletion of their reporting by sending a PFD offer to them.

If the debt collector has not reported, some have had success in offering a modified PFD, offering payment in exchange for their agreement NOT to report a collection.

The fact that they dont own the debt is not relevant to their ability to report their collection activities.

Tmobile ( the OC) has not reported anything to the CRA's only West Asset Management has.  According to WAM they do not own the account they are just hired by t-mobile.  Wam has denied several attempts at PFD and T-mobile has declined 1 attempts at a PFD so far.  As of this morning I have emailed 6 executive crs's in hopes to change there mind and get this resolved !!  I just dont know what to do besides to keep bombarding them with pfd's

Message 3 of 5
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

i had the same situation with sprint..... CA reports to the CRA but states they do not own the debt... and sprint told me if i want them to give the authorization to delete, i had to pay the remaining balance (400+$$) to get them to send the delete request to the CRA..... lol ... i gave up with them.... 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 5
frio
Frequent Contributor

@BadCredBen wrote:

i had the same situation with sprint..... CA reports to the CRA but states they do not own the debt... and sprint told me if i want them to give the authorization to delete, i had to pay the remaining balance (400+$$) to get them to send the delete request to the CRA..... lol ... i gave up with them.... 

I hear ya Ben, im getting the run around from both companies.  I just want to pay and get it deleted !!  Ive emailed 8 people today over at tmobile and I have left 5 voicemails.  Im going to send out emails to WAM soon.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.