Did you mean: 

What should I do next?

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

What should I do next?

Backstory:

Found this site in March of 2012.

I tried to sign-up for Scorewatch but was declined do to lack of activity and no active accounts. They couldn't produce a score.

After reading this forum for a while I decided to try my hand at having some baddies removed.

Using the AWESOME information found on this forum, 3 small old baddies melted away.

In April of 2012 I applied for and received a Cap1 secured card for $300. I have since increased the deposit/CL on this card to $900. I plan on increasing this card to $1200 by the end of 2012.

I just received a BoA secured card today for $500. I plan on increasing the deposit/CL to $2000 by the end of 2012.

I decided to try and join Scorewatch again today and was accepted! My score stands at 658.

Here's what my CR looks like now:

2 really new credit cards. (Secured with a total deposit/CL of $1400.)

1 closed credit card that was closed by me that was 15 years old. (Yeah...I know now, what I didn't know then!)

Zero installment loans.

Total debt $20. Yes, that is correct Twenty Dollars! (I just let the Cap1 report a minor amount each month and I change it by ten bucks a month so I can tell when a new report hits.)

Okay...Now the baddies that remain:

Foreclosure from 2005 that is scheduled to drop off my report this December 2012.

Federal tax lien for 24K reported and paid on the same day in 2005.

State tax lien for $614 reported in 2008. Still unpaid.

City tax lien for $7300 reported in 2005. Still unpaid.

I was rather surprised that my score was as high as 658 with those SERIOUS baddies that I still have on my report. Does that sound right to you?

I would like to buy a house sometime in the spring of 2013. If you were in my shoes, what would you do next to increase my scores?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.