Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do next?

I opened a Credit One cc in May 2015 CL 300 in august it auto increase of 200 my credit utilization stays under 20% to dste, today I got approved for a pretty screened offer from Merrick Bank for 600 with an auto increase of 600 if I pay on time for 7 months, I have 2 installment loans one is 16 months old no latest (car) the other is a Fingerhut acct that's 4 months old no latest what would help me raise my score which was a 610 with Equifax until the inquiry from Merrick now 599- 2 paid collections 1 a medical bill 700 paid in 2011 the other a parking violation for 150 paid this year in March both show 0 balance.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I do next?

@Anonymous wrote:
I opened a Credit One cc in May 2015 CL 300 in august it auto increase of 200 my credit utilization stays under 20% to dste, today I got approved for a pretty screened offer from Merrick Bank for 600 with an auto increase of 600 if I pay on time for 7 months, I have 2 installment loans one is 16 months old no latest (car) the other is a Fingerhut acct that's 4 months old no latest what would help me raise my score which was a 610 with Equifax until the inquiry from Merrick now 599- 2 paid collections 1 a medical bill 700 paid in 2011 the other a parking violation for 150 paid this year in March both show 0 balance.

App for a Cap One Platinum if you have no recent charge off with them. If approved immediately app for the Cap One QS1.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

App for a Cap One Platinum if you have no recent charge off with them. If approved immediately app for the Cap One QS1.

+1

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having three CCs (or more) will get the best scoring from Fico.

Have one of them report at less than 10% and the others at zero.  Dont have all of them at zero.

GL

Message 4 of 10
crrredit
Established Contributor

If you end up with two Cap One cards and the Merrick card, close the Credit One.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

By an installment Loan being my oldest account would my average account age lower by closing the Credit One acct?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied to Capital One before I got my Credit One acct and didn't get approved, is it too soon to reapply?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied to Capital One before I got my Credit One acct and didn't get approved, is it too soon to reapply?

Yes, go ahead and reapply, its been more than 90 days.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My oldest account is a 2004 installment loan. Closed and still on the record counting. Don't worry about that. Your AaoA changes with new credit I believe. The overall length of history does not and my 04 installment helps.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I'll try it I hope I get approved this time.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.