Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do to clean this up?

tag
annakathleen
Valued Member

What should I do to clean this up?

Looking for a mortgage later this year. What should we be concentrating on as far as cleaning this up? I don't know what will matter...what should be pd and what should be left alone. I certainly don't want anything to reage!!! Here is the stats:

Hubby:   563/eq myfico  541/exp plus   575/transrisk

Industry employment 10+yrs  current job 5 yrs

Salary of 460.00 gross/ week with 200.00 cash bonus weekly

monthly loan/cc pmts total $160.00 

savings 4200.00

Location is SE Georgia (Rural) Single Family Home under 100,000.00

Credit Report: 

ALLTEL
Account Number: XXXX
Acct Type: Telecommunications / Cellular
Acct Status: Closed
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 2/1/2009
Balance: $712.00
Terms: 1 Month
High Balance: $712.00
Limit:
Past Due: $712.00
Payment Status: Charge-off

*** Good Will letter sent with explanation for PIF and PFD, awaiting response. If they do not agree will PIF anyway. Last report date 12-12

CREDIT COLLECTION SERV
Account Number: 157XXXX
Acct Type: Collection Department / Agency / Attorney
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 9/1/2008
Balance: $412.00
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due: $412.00
Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

***Medical**** Last report date 11-08

***Have sent dv letters, no response. Sent a second letter to remove, still not removed. That was 4 months ago.

Account Name: CREDIT COLLECTION SERV
Account Number: 157XXXX
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 9/1/2008
Balance: $575.00
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due: $575.00
Payment Status: Seriously past due date / assigned to attorney, collection agency, or credit grantor's internal collection department

****Medical***** Last report date  11-08

Account Name: FIRST PREMIER BANK
Account Number: 5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
Acct Type: Credit Card
Acct Status: Open
Monthly Payment: $30.00
Date Open: 6/1/2012
Balance: $279.00
Terms: Revolving
High Balance: $279.00
Limit: $300.00
Past Due:
Payment Status: Current

****Balance is incorrect, dispute initiated. Balance is 93.00. Last report date: 10-12. (don't know why they aren't updating)????

Account Name: FIRST TENNESSEE BANK
Account Number: 8XXX
Acct Type: Credit Card
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 8/1/2005
Balance: $0.00
Terms: Revolving
High Balance:
Limit: $5,000.00
Past Due: $0.00
Comments: Transferred to another lender or claim purchased

****In Dispute with BBB. He was only linked to his mothers checking acct, then added by the BANK as an authorized user when she opened a cc. when we disputed and asked the authorized user status be taken off it changed from authorized user on his CR to Joint? I have another thread about this and am taking action. 

Last report date 1-09

Account Name: ONLINE COLLECTIONS
Account Number: 9XXXX
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 8/1/2011
Balance:
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due:
Payment Status: Paid, was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for default
Comments: Subscriber reports dispute resolved - consumer disagrees

****Was an electric bill and two months late when final bill did not get forwarded to new address.  Last report date Sept 12 as ok.

Account Name: PEOPLES BANK & TRUST
Account Number: 11XXXX
Acct Type: Secured Loan
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 4/1/2005
Balance:
Terms: 49 Months
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due:
Payment Status: Paid, was past due 30 days six times or more

***Last report date 4-09 reported as ok with exception of some lates.

Account Name: SNAP-ON CREDIT LLC
Account Number: 19XXXX
Acct Type: Secured Loan
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 9/1/2006
Balance: $5,629.00
Terms: 36 Months
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due: $3,852.00
Last report date 01-13 Key derogatory (don't know what to do about this one? Make pmt arrangements or leave it???)

Account Name: THE LAW OFFICES OF MIT
Account Number: 445XXXX
Monthly Payment:
Date Open: 3/1/2012
Balance: $472.00
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due: $472.00
Comments: Account in dispute-reported by subscriber

****Medical  Last report date 0-12   ***Have sent dv letters, no response. Sent a second letter to remove, still not removed. That was 4 months ago.

Monthly Payment:
Balance: $301.00
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due: $301.00

Last Report date 6-12    ***Have sent dv letters, no response. Sent a second letter to remove, still not removed. That was 4 months ago.

***Medical

Monthly Payment:
Balance: $2,781.00
High Balance:
Limit:
Past Due: $2,781.00

Last report date 6-12      ***Have sent dv letters, no response. Sent a second letter to remove, still not removed. That was 4 months ago.

****medical

XXXXXXX  Bank 

Account Number: 1XXXX

Current Status: PAYS AS AGREED
Account Owner: Joint Account High Credit: $ 1,100
Type of Account : Installment Credit Limit:
Term Duration: 12 Months Terms Frequency: Monthly (due every
month)
Date Opened: 07/20/2012 Balance: $ 909
Date Reported: 09/30/2012 Amount Past Due:
Date of Last Payment: 09/2012

Actual Payment Amount: 94.00

****Another***** that is not updating, Pmts are current , NEVER late and balance is 554.00. In disupte for incorrect balance

No  checking acct issues such as overdrafts. Clean record for checking.

Note: We opened in Jan 13 a 300 cl capital one card that is not reporting yet. Balance is 20.00.

Above report is hubbys CR and I am a stay home mom so I don't anticipate being on loan but I also have a cap1 cc same as above with him as auth user and I on his as auth user. These were opened in hopes of score boost by spring.

Will I be able to be on the loan since not employed, only child support of 686.00/month?  Will my credit report matter? Should I post it here?  OR...will a broker laugh us out of his office????

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should I do to clean this up?

Welcome to the forums!

I'd suggest reading the following:

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Re-aging, in repair-speak, is when the DOFD changes thereby causing the TL to report longer than it should. That's illegal and I've only seen a tiny handful of posts in here that confirmed that. It's rare for it to happen. Now other dates can change like DOLA, reported date, etc.

Ignore your PLUS and TransRisk scores. Ignore those services' advice too as taking it can possibly hurt your FICO in some cases.

If I had what you had, I would do all of the following:

- A GW is only for paid debts. The correct action to have been taken was a PFD.

- CCS1 - A CA has an unlimited amount of time to respond to a DV. I personally would send another. If I agreed with the debt, I would send a PFD. If I disagreed, then I'd contact the OC and get info from them before proceeding.

-CCS2 - same as above.

- FPB - don't dispute. Call.

FTB - was this a checking acct that was CO'd, and then converted to a CC?

OC - if there's no balance, send a GW. If a balance, then send a PFD.

Peoples - I'd do nothing at this time.

Snap-On - send a PFD. 

Law Officex3 - send a PFD. If you disagree with the debt, contact the OC.

Bank - a dispute isn't the right way to go. I'd call them after the dispute clears.

You can be on the loan, but the child support will factor in. 

Disclaimer: Keep an eye on your SOL. Unless your statute of limitations for your state has expired, do not send any letters, make any calls, or do anything unless you have the $$$ set aside to pay in full if you had to. You can always settle in the future if you wanted to, but many OCs/CAs are sue happy and doing anything inside of SOL can get you sued. If SOL didn't expire or if you didn't have the $$$ to PIF if you had to, then wait it out.

Don't make payment arrangements either. Pay in one lump sum; your lender will likely require that anyway on the bad debt. YMMV.

Message 2 of 4
annakathleen
Valued Member

Sorry, it was a PFD letter to alltel. I called the bank and while they are very nice, they say they are reporting on the loan and its an CB issue. Let me add, I am joint on the loan and it is reporting fine for me. the lady at bank told me to dispute it instead of endless time trying to get the CB to fix it.... The dispute may jog it back to current. Idk but I figured I would dispute FPB too for the same reason. Moot point though as now in dispute the CB won't discuss it. So I will have to wait it out.

The FTB story: DH mom had a checking acct. she added DH as a signator on her checking acct. FTB issued mom a cc with 5000 CL. DH did NOT sign up with her for cc. We found the issue last year on his CR that he was an authorized user on the cc and his mom was in default obviously and it was affecting his credit. DH called FTB and asked them to remove him as an auth user. They did not. Disputed the issue. Thirty days later all of a sudden it's now reporting as joint. He called and sent letters requesting an investigation. Also asked on phone for a faxed copy of some agreement he signed making him liable. Their response was "in this day and age of technology and online services we don't have anything." yesterday I sent letter thru BBB and forwarded to AG in TN and will also copy to the TN dept of financial institutions. It seems hopeless!
Message 3 of 4
annakathleen
Valued Member

Oh, no the checking acct was never in default or CO'd it was a separate cc acct that the bank offered her some time after opening the checking.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.