Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do with CO from Cap one Merrick Bank and first premier

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do with CO from Cap one Merrick Bank and first premier

I have Cap one, Merrick Bank and first premier all showing up on my report. They are all scheduled to be deleted between January of 2016 and October of 2016. They have not sold the debt to a collection agency at this point. I wanted to do a pay for deletion but after reading on this site and others Cap one and Merrick Bank don't accept pay for deletions. My concern is if i pay them it will restart the sos on the accounts. If I leave them alone they will fall off in another 3 years. If I pay the debt in full how will that impact on my scores? Cap one and Merrick bank are reporting every month as CO but First Premier stopped reporting a few months ago. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should I do with CO from Cap one Merrick Bank and first premier

If after a couple of PFD attempts, I'd pay them off.

Paying them off will not reset the 7-7.5 yr CRTP. They'll still fall off in 2016 no matter what you do. SOL can be reset with a payment in some states, but that won't matter at all if paid. SOL is the time frame a creditor has to sue, but SOL has absolutely nothing to do with reporting.

Per FICO scoring, you could see a very significant increase if the CC(s) current hurt your util and/or are reporting over the limit. Paying them to $0 will remove them from utilization and that could boost your scores if they hurt.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.