Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do

Hi,

I disputed a few address on my credit report that were incorrect and all wrong address were supposedly deleted. So I thought. TU remains correct (for now and I will continue to monitor) but after EQ and EX said they would delete, I requested updated reports and wrong addresses are back on the list. I resubmitted a dispute online with EX yesterday and one of the addresses is unable to be disputed. Says it was confirmed by a creditor. I tried to resubmit dispute with EQ and was unable to access my file - I received a notice to validate my identity via fax. Regardless, I plan to call both EQ and EX to question them on these addresses. 

I need advice on dealing with them for disputing incorrect information (by phone) that apparently they are unwilling to delete. Which questions should I ask?

Also, is anyone else having trouble accessing EQ online dispute site yesterday/today? What is the best method of communication - phone, fax, or mail? I thought by using the 3 CRAs online dispute site would be an efficient way to resolve but just a few weeks later and the information is back. What sort of validation would they need from me to permanently keep the wrong information off my reports. 

I'm in the process of rebuilding and repairing my credit and have many issues that I'm addressing. I thought starting with something simple like my address would be a good place to start. Now I'm not so sure. I have a headache. 

Advice and thoughts are appreciated!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should I do

You have to call all the creditors listed on your reports (even derog ones) and give them all your current address if they dont have it, once this is done and they update their TLs then you can remove all prior addresses that are tied to creditors. One caveat, derog accounts updating their TL to show the new address will cause a Fico score drop if they have not been updated in awhile so I would think about it very carefully. 

If these are not your accounts and are the result of ID Theft then you would go thru the ID Theft procedures to get everything removed from your CR

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Victim-of-Identity-Theft-What-To-Do-to-Protect...

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and checked addresses with my creditors and all seems to be in order. I ended up faxing EQ a copy of my license with current address. I do have derogs that were a result of ID theft, so am taking the steps to have that remedied. Thank you for the help and advice! 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I disputed a few address on my credit report that were incorrect and all wrong address were supposedly deleted. So I thought. TU remains correct (for now and I will continue to monitor) but after EQ and EX said they would delete, I requested updated reports and wrong addresses are back on the list. I resubmitted a dispute online with EX yesterday and one of the addresses is unable to be disputed. Says it was confirmed by a creditor. I tried to resubmit dispute with EQ and was unable to access my file - I received a notice to validate my identity via fax. If you fax them a copy of your drivers license, don't hold your breath waiting for a response, I did this and after days of waiting with no response, I ended up getting their online subscription, once I offered to pay them money for a subscription, they figured out who I am with no trouble.  Regardless, I plan to call both EQ and EX to question them on these addresses. Keep calling, don't give up!!

I need advice on dealing with them for disputing incorrect information (by phone) that apparently they are unwilling to delete. Which questions should I ask? Sometimes you just have to keep trying over and over again, it took me 4 or 5 attempts to get an incorrect name off of my Experian report and a couple of attempts to get an incorrect birthdate changed on Equifax. Just keep trying, you can call them on the phone and try to explain things, just keep at it and expect frustration.

Also, is anyone else having trouble accessing EQ online dispute site yesterday/today? I tried to use it a couple of months ago and it didn't work then either, I think it is broken and they are not fixing it. What is the best method of communication - phone, fax, or mail? I thought by using the 3 CRAs online dispute site would be an efficient way to resolve but just a few weeks later and the information is back. What sort of validation would they need from me to permanently keep the wrong information off my reports. 

I'm in the process of rebuilding and repairing my credit and have many issues that I'm addressing. I thought starting with something simple like my address would be a good place to start. Now I'm not so sure. I have a headache. I actually had more trouble getting personal info corrected on Equifax and Experian than I did getting some negatives removed.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

cruzm11 wrote:

Hi,

I disputed a few address on my credit report that were incorrect and all wrong address were supposedly deleted. So I thought. TU remains correct (for now and I will continue to monitor) but after EQ and EX said they would delete, I requested updated reports and wrong addresses are back on the list. I resubmitted a dispute online with EX yesterday and one of the addresses is unable to be disputed. Says it was confirmed by a creditor. I tried to resubmit dispute with EQ and was unable to access my file - I received a notice to validate my identity via fax. If you fax them a copy of your drivers license, don't hold your breath waiting for a response, I did this and after days of waiting with no response, I ended up getting their online subscription, once I offered to pay them money for a subscription, they figured out who I am with no trouble.  Funny thing is I have had the Experian subscription for 3 years now and with Equifax I've sent a copy of my license via fax twice and they claim "no receipt". Regardless, I plan to call both EQ and EX to question them on these addresses. Keep calling, don't give up!! Thank you! I won't. Smiley Happy This is an exercise in patience. I will keep contacting them, but will probably switch to USPS mail.

I need advice on dealing with them for disputing incorrect information (by phone) that apparently they are unwilling to delete. Which questions should I ask? Sometimes you just have to keep trying over and over again, it took me 4 or 5 attempts to get an incorrect name off of my Experian report and a couple of attempts to get an incorrect birthdate changed on Equifax. Just keep trying, you can call them on the phone and try to explain things, just keep at it and expect frustration. I'm about halfway there, lol (2-3 attempts).  But yes, you are correct and I will keep submitting the documents. 

Also, is anyone else having trouble accessing EQ online dispute site yesterday/today? I tried to use it a couple of months ago and it didn't work then either, I think it is broken and they are not fixing it. What is the best method of communication - phone, fax, or mail? I thought by using the 3 CRAs online dispute site would be an efficient way to resolve but just a few weeks later and the information is back. What sort of validation would they need from me to permanently keep the wrong information off my reports. I will definitely be switching to mailing requests to Equifax going forward. 

I'm in the process of rebuilding and repairing my credit and have many issues that I'm addressing. I thought starting with something simple like my address would be a good place to start. Now I'm not so sure. I have a headache. I actually had more trouble getting personal info corrected on Equifax and Experian than I did getting some negatives removed. Really?! Wow. Good to know! 

Thank you!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I ended up getting their online subscription, once I offered to pay them money for a subscription, they figured out who I am with no trouble"

Hmmm.... Funny how that works, isn't it?

Message 6 of 8
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

It does make one wonder how these folks are qualified to work at the credit bureau when small brainless entries, like correcting an address cant be accomplished!! Geeze!!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've wondered that myself. It seems that the CR that is "mine" isn't... when I try to correct and/or update information, I'm told to contact the Creditors because this information is submitted by them. However, when I contact my Creditors, the information is correct. SMH... what I end up doing is spending money and time to just be ignored.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.