Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do??

tag
vikingpride01
Valued Member

What should I do??

I am trying to clear up my credit. I have  4 accts with HSBC and not sure if they are duplicate accts. One of the accts is scheduled to fall of 6/2014 and another will fall off 6/2015. Not sure if the other 2 accts were duplicates. I also have a collection acct with Verizon scheduled to come off 4/2015.  My main problem is a repossession by Nuvell/Ally/GMAC. On my credit report they report acct as collection acct. Date acct was opened was 6/1/2006 and date of last payment was 11/2007. Well it reports past due balance as $9,930 but then they sent me a letter stating I had a balance of $10,240. What should I do about this acct? It is scheduled to fall off 8/2014. Should I let it fall off itself or is there something I can do to maybe have it deleted before this date which would be great. Also if anyone has dealt with any of the other companies you input would be greatly appreciated!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should I do??

for the ones falling off 6 & 8 2014 start disputing them as obsolete might get lucky early. If all these are past your states SOL they are not worth paying as the time left to report is negligible. If a CA sends dunning and its past the SOL send them a FOAD letter to end it once and for all.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.