Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do?

tag
belvictoria
New Contributor

What should I do?

I spoke to an OC last week who agreed to pull back an account from collections and said that they will send notification to the CRAs that I paid it off,

He also mentioned that this could take up to 90 days!

Should I try to dispute it with the CRAs? On the grounds that I do not owe anything to the CA and they should not be reporting as if I do

Or wait it out...

In all honesty, I'm tired of looking at it and just want it off my report!

EX 708 (08/06/14)(5) EQ 676 (08/13/14) (1) TU 703 (07/25/14) (6)
Capital One Secured Card $200|Victoria's Secret Card $350|Express $350|Discover it $1,000|Nordstrom $1,000
| Amex Everyday $2,000| NFCU nRewards $10,000 (Joint) American Eagle $280
Last App 08/19/14
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should I do?

@belvictoria wrote:

I spoke to an OC last week who agreed to pull back an account from collections and said that they will send notification to the CRAs that I paid it off,

He also mentioned that this could take up to 90 days!

Should I try to dispute it with the CRAs? On the grounds that I do not owe anything to the CA and they should not be reporting as if I do

Or wait it out...

In all honesty, I'm tired of looking at it and just want it off my report!

Actually it should take no more than 60 days if its manually submitted, I would just wait for it to be removed and if it isnt after 60 days call back the OC and remind them of your deal, if they dont acknowledge it then file BBB complaint against the OC for shoddy business practices.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.