Regular Contributor

What should I expect?

OK, I just order Score Watch and I am at a dismal 526 Fico score. :smileysad: I am sending out 3 letters tomorrow- 2 GW letters to try to get 2 30 day late pays deleted off of 2 different CC's and 1 to get a collection off (it was a medical collection that has been paid for a year now- i keep calling and they say they're going to update it but they dont). If I get all 3 of these removed, what kind of increase could I expect in my score?

I also have 4 CC's that have been charged off- 2 have been settled in full. (I'm working on saving the money for the other 2). Do you think I could try to GW the 2 that have been paid to see if they can update the status from CO to closed? They've only been paid for a few months, think its too much to ask that they change the status already?

What can I possibly do to get these 4 accounts fixed to raise my score? Everything else on my report is good- student loans, car loans, and 1 credit card are all in good standing, never late. If I can get the 2 lates and that stupid erroneous collection off, then all that will be left are those 4 Co's. What can I do about those???

Any advise would be greatly appreciated! I am sooooo tired of being part of the 500 club!!!!

Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should I expect?

The CO status(S) are hurting along with the are likely being counted in UTL- 

I say send the GW on the paid CO's-

PFD the reaming CO's-

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. So how do you think I should word the PFD's on the 2 unpaid COs? Can they inlcude the balance on a closed account towards my ultil??
Moderator Emeritus

I am not an Expert PFD writer-  lots of example letters floating around-  I say a short, honest approach is best.

But YES they can use the CO's balance on revolving UTL-
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.