Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I expect?

tag
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

What should I expect?

OK, I just order Score Watch and I am at a dismal 526 Fico score. Smiley Sad I am sending out 3 letters tomorrow- 2 GW letters to try to get 2 30 day late pays deleted off of 2 different CC's and 1 to get a collection off (it was a medical collection that has been paid for a year now- i keep calling and they say they're going to update it but they dont). If I get all 3 of these removed, what kind of increase could I expect in my score?

I also have 4 CC's that have been charged off- 2 have been settled in full. (I'm working on saving the money for the other 2). Do you think I could try to GW the 2 that have been paid to see if they can update the status from CO to closed? They've only been paid for a few months, think its too much to ask that they change the status already?

What can I possibly do to get these 4 accounts fixed to raise my score? Everything else on my report is good- student loans, car loans, and 1 credit card are all in good standing, never late. If I can get the 2 lates and that stupid erroneous collection off, then all that will be left are those 4 Co's. What can I do about those???

Any advise would be greatly appreciated! I am sooooo tired of being part of the 500 club!!!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I expect?

The CO status(S) are hurting along with the are likely being counted in UTL- 

I say send the GW on the paid CO's-

PFD the reaming CO's-

Message 2 of 4
Laurenlou
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the reply. So how do you think I should word the PFD's on the 2 unpaid COs? Can they inlcude the balance on a closed account towards my ultil??
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not an Expert PFD writer-  lots of example letters floating around-  I say a short, honest approach is best.

But YES they can use the CO's balance on revolving UTL-
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.