Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I expect?

tag
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

What should I expect?

It looks like 2016 will be  good year for my credit to improve.  I just reviewed my TU report and found that the following negative accounts will fall off during 2016:

BANK OF AMERICA

05/16

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA NA 

04/16

HSBC BEST BUY 

04/16

CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SVCS

05/16

MIDLAND FUNDING LLC

08/16

My credit scores are HORRIBLE right now (TU 548, Experian 532, and Equifax 544).  Do you think I will see any kind of significant bump due to these falling off?  I just applied for and was approved for two new credit cards with Capital One.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What should I expect?

@BGMWPD320 wrote:

It looks like 2016 will be  good year for my credit to improve.  I just reviewed my TU report and found that the following negative accounts will fall off during 2016:

BANK OF AMERICA

05/16

CAPITAL ONE BANK USA NA 

04/16

HSBC BEST BUY 

04/16

CAVALRY PORTFOLIO SVCS

05/16

MIDLAND FUNDING LLC

08/16

My credit scores are HORRIBLE right now (TU 548, Experian 532, and Equifax 544).  Do you think I will see any kind of significant bump due to these falling off?  I just applied for and was approved for two new credit cards with Capital One.  

If these are the only derogs on your report yes you more than likely will get a little bump in Fico score as they leave with the biggest bump when the last one goes. Good on getting the 2 Cap-1s if those are the only 2 you have you need to have one more to drive your Fico scores but you can wait till those new ones report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.