New Visitor
KLJennings

What should I get rid of first?

I have been working on my credit report for quite a while and need to make faster progress on raising my FICO score.  Which should I get rid of/work on first? 

1. Paying off my 2 tax liens;

2. Lowering my student loan balance;

3. Paying off my active credit card; or

4. Paying off my closed credit cards.

Thanks!

KLJMR2

Re: What should I get rid of first?

Beuller .... Beuller ....

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

Re: What should I get rid of first?

[ Edited ]

Either item 1 or 4.

The seven year period under FCRA 605(a)(3) for drop off a a tax lien does not even begin until the lien is paid.  Tax liens are a major derog.

As for closed accounts with balances, what derogs were posted by the OC, and what are their normal drop off dates?  Was a CO reported?

What peril remains for escalating activity on their part, such as a charge-off, a colection referral, or even legal action?

FICO is not primarily about accounts, it is primarily about derogs under an account.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+