Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should be on my credit report

tag
writerstale
Contributor

What should be on my credit report

Should having a credit union account in the positive and having an internet service provider be showed on my credit report, especially if they have always been in good standings?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
xaiduz114
Regular Contributor

Re: What should be on my credit report

@writerstale wrote:

Should having a credit union account in the positive and having an internet service provider be showed on my credit report, especially if they have always been in good standings?

I don't really see that stuff on reports, but I DO know that CUs and Utility providers can HP credit sometimes. If they are showing positively, I don't think I'd mind it either way. Worst of it would be that they are neutral to your credit, best if they are contributing to your AAoA. I don't know how that works with these kinds of things, though.

Starting Score: EQ 478 | EX N/A | TU 540 - 5/2014
Current Score: EQ 475 | EX 582 | TU 589
Goal Score: 700 by 5/2015 - My Credit Rebuilding Journey!
Collections (MED): DCS Financial (4) | Columbia Collectors (1) |
Dynamic Collectors, Inc (2) | Professional Credit Services (2) |
CMRE Financial Services (1) | Total: 10
Charge-offs: IQCU (1)
Cards I'm aiming to get:
Unitus Community CU SecuredBofA Secured
Message 2 of 3
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: What should be on my credit report

@writerstale wrote:

I'm assuming you mean a checking account at your credit union.

To answer your question: No, these accounts will not show up on your credit report for being in good standing.

However, if your internet service account goes charged off, it will likely show up on your credit report as derogatory.

If your checking account charges off, it will be reported to your consumer report. While not affecting your credit, it will affect your ability to open checking/savings accounts at other banks.

Only credit products will show on your credit report - credit cards, auto loans, mortgages, ect.

If you are trying to build credit, I would suggest aiming for a student credit card or other card with no annual fee.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.